BajaNomad

Quad ride Chivato to San Bruno restaurant

Russ - 1-16-2012 at 09:37 AM

Some friends hauled me outta my cave yesterday to play and eat at what we consider a new mariscos restaurant some others had told them about. It's always interesting having Crazy George as a pathfinder. Sorry no photos of the "trails" he led us on. I was too busy trying to drive and keep up with George & Pam. And Steve was right on my a$$.
Pam & George

Restaurant Sign
[/img][/img]
Restaurant

shroom

shroom close up

Geese: I could only think they're Black Brant here but that doesn't seem right ?

Sparrow Hawk

San Marcos Tierra estuary

It was wide open last month but totally closed up now. It is really sad that it's being netted. Here are a couple nets on the bank that got tangled up, some how.

Happy trails

[Edited on 1-16-2012 by Russ]

David K - 1-16-2012 at 09:49 AM

Russ, during the cooler weather I recommend you take a quad run out to the Magdalena ruins and pila site... You had mentioned doing it 3 years ago before Elizabeth and I found it... and that was in July! http://vivabaja.com/709/page13.html

Magdalena Ruins 27°03'30" 112°10'07" (WGS84)
We did not visit or see the nearby pila (at the end of the padre's aquaduct from San Jose de Magdalena

The mission-era reservoir (pila) at the end of the aqueduct
(acequia) is located in the desert outside the San Jose de Magdalena canyon. GPS: 27°03'29" 112°10'12"

Russ - 1-16-2012 at 10:41 AM

Thanks David. I'll plug those numbers into google earth and keep them for a trip out that way.
I remember your discovery 3 years ago. It was really HOT!

David K - 1-16-2012 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Thanks David. I'll plug those numbers into google earth and keep them for a trip out that way.
I remember your discovery 3 years ago. It was really HOT!

Yah, but look how happy I was there! The road goues right next to and between the ruins... The pila is to the SW a few hundre feet... You can see it on Google Earth.

KASHEYDOG - 1-16-2012 at 10:48 AM

Great pictures, Russ. Thanks. Looks like a wonderful Sunday morning drive...:yes:.

Pescador - 1-16-2012 at 04:41 PM

Russ, how funny is this. We had a group that started at my house in San Bruno and headed to Chivato to the Chibatos restaurant for lunch when we ran into a big group from Chivato that were headed to San Bruno for lunch. I laughed and indicated that I knew of no restaurant in San Bruno where they could even get so much as a hot dog, but they said they had the info about the Palapa and were headed north. We bumped into them on the way back and they even showed me pictures that they, in fact had lunch.

So I guess that is what we do when we have these four wheeled contraptions, is go look for a place to ride to and have lunch.