BajaNomad

A Couple of Real Baja Rats!

Bajatripper - 2-6-2012 at 04:16 PM

Before we got a cat, we had a bit of a mouse problem. Now, the only mice we have are the ones the cat brings in that get away from her.

Although my daughter felt sorry for them (aaww, they're so cute!) I've always liked this shot.

Mice

tehag - 2-6-2012 at 04:58 PM

Sigh, yet another adage proven false; "The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

wessongroup - 2-6-2012 at 08:02 PM

We had a Jack Russell "Scout" when down at El Pescadro south of Rosarito ... he was nicknamed "causa de muerte de las ratas" by the owner of the "property" ...

Usually got at least one in a day, if not watched closely ... but, with a big down size... he was in the sewer with them ... a real treat ... the wife after numerous "clean up's" told me, YOUR DOING IT !! ... I'm not cleaning up that chit anymore...

Tub of hot water on the patio table with scrub brush... :biggrin::biggrin:

Sorry if this a repeat ...

[Edited on 2-7-2012 by wessongroup]

Ateo - 2-6-2012 at 08:03 PM

Those rats went in on the cheese at exactly the wrong time.

BajaWarrior - 2-6-2012 at 08:38 PM

Looks like good teamwork to me!

mcfez - 2-6-2012 at 09:56 PM

Like playing cards...double down!

paranewbi - 2-7-2012 at 07:43 AM

The epitomy of the me first attitude. Must be brothers

sanquintinsince73 - 2-7-2012 at 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by paranewbi
The epitomy of the me first attitude. Must be brothers

The "Nacho Cheese" brothers.

vgabndo - 2-7-2012 at 12:25 PM

"NO! That NOT YO CHEESE. SNAP!

I love it!

Returning to San Nicolas', the first night we'd set a dozen traps and in the desert silence hear each one snuff out a life. It had to be done, but the hard ones were when you could hear them dragging the trap for a while.:!:

sanquintinsince73 - 2-7-2012 at 01:33 PM

Reminds me of a trip my dad and I took many years ago. I was just a little guy and we were camped out in the bush about 15 klicks east of San Quintin. We had just turned in and all of a sudden my dad starts screaming that he's got a snake in his shirt. He starts yelling at me to "smash it,smash it!!!". Something had crawled in between his tank top and his t-shirt. I was scared but I placed my little fingers on his back and started applying pressure on whatever it was until it felt like I was smashing a banana. After we felt no more movement he removed his shirt and there was a little field mouse all smushed and bloody. R.I.P.

David K - 2-7-2012 at 07:32 PM

I have heard of killing two BIRDS with one stone, but not two RATS with one trap!:bounce:

mulegemichael - 2-8-2012 at 08:27 AM

wessongroup; jack russell terriers..they'll kill anything..we've had two......had our first one spend three nights in a 1 foot culvert killing a family of skunks...that was a fun cleanup!

wessongroup - 11-12-2012 at 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
wessongroup; jack russell terriers..they'll kill anything..we've had two......had our first one spend three nights in a 1 foot culvert killing a family of skunks...that was a fun cleanup!

Just reading old threads on Scout the Super Dog RIP --- a misunderstanding in OT

Missed your post -- ya beat me hands down :lol::lol::lol:

build a better mouse trap and enjoy their backstroke!

woody with a view - 11-13-2012 at 07:14 AM

just add water!

:biggrin:

[Edited on 11-13-2012 by woody with a view]

wessongroup - 11-13-2012 at 09:17 AM

"Get er done" --- outstanding :):)