BajaNomad

San Felipe 250 Race

TMW - 2-17-2012 at 01:13 PM

The offical course map is posted on the SCORE web site.

http://www.score-international.com/

The Trophy Trucks should start with a bang.

1 Rob Mac
2 Andy McMillin
3 Robby Gordon

The motorcycles may be the most competitive its been in years with Honda, Kawasaki and KTM head to head with some of the best riders in off-road.

Get ready to rumble.

dtbushpilot - 2-17-2012 at 01:44 PM

Are you going Tom?

bajalou - 2-17-2012 at 02:05 PM

Be the first I've missed in 15+ years. Oh well!

TMW - 2-17-2012 at 05:47 PM

Yes DT I'm going are you?. Sorry Lou you won't be there, I'll miss you. I'm not chasing anyone since Tunaeater isn't racing. But it will be fun to watch. I'll be down for contingency on Friday.

David K - 2-17-2012 at 07:41 PM

dtbushpilot - 2-17-2012 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Yes DT I'm going are you?. Sorry Lou you won't be there, I'll miss you. I'm not chasing anyone since Tunaeater isn't racing. But it will be fun to watch. I'll be down for contingency on Friday.

Yes, I'm meeting my son there. He isn't racing it this year (thank God) but he will be bringing our bikes down and we plan to do some prerunning. We will get there on the 8th, staying at the Hotel Coral Azul, when not riding we will be in a white Sportsmobile conversion van with "C&J Equipment Racing" on the side. let's get together for a beer or something.

Sorry to miss you too Lou.....dt

woody with a view - 2-17-2012 at 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Quote:
Originally posted by TW

Yes, I'm meeting my son there. He isn't racing it this year (thank God) but he will be bringing our bikes down and we plan to do some prerunning. We will get there on the 8th, staying at the Hotel Coral Azul, when not riding we will be in a white Sportsmobile conversion van with "C&J Equipment Racing" on the side. let's get together for a beer or something.

Sorry to miss you too Lou.....dt

damn. that is a long week at the island = friday work..... otherwise, SF would never be the same.....:lol:

TMW - 2-18-2012 at 11:40 AM

DT I'll look for you.

David K that is the preliminary map they have the offical course map up now. I tried to post it here but photobucket wouldn't work. I then scanned it but it was not real clear so I dropped it. Maybe if I change the upload settings.

TMW - 2-18-2012 at 11:44 AM

David K - 2-18-2012 at 07:10 PM

Good Job Tom!

David K - 3-5-2012 at 10:07 AM

This weekend!

BajaWarrior - 3-5-2012 at 10:12 AM

We will be at azufre near checkpoint 3

willardguy - 3-5-2012 at 10:22 AM

anyone wanna suggest a spot to watch (without a 4wheel drive)?

wessongroup - 3-5-2012 at 11:02 AM

TW ... hope ya take your camera ... :):)

Would love to go ... looks like on hell of a course ...

[Edited on 3-5-2012 by wessongroup]

TMW - 3-5-2012 at 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
anyone wanna suggest a spot to watch (without a 4wheel drive)?

You can take the road at hwy KM181 and drive back to the zoo road crossing. Beware there are usually lots of people out there. Then keep going west to Morelia Jct. The race course crosses there and goes south near the road. You should be able to find a spot to pull over and park. Just be carefull crossing the race course and where you stop so you don't get stuck.

TMW - 3-5-2012 at 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
TW ... hope ya take your camera ... :):)

Would love to go ... looks like on hell of a course ...

[Edited on 3-5-2012 by wessongroup]

I'll have my camera for sure but I'm also chasing Tunaeater so you might see more of him than the others.

dtbushpilot - 3-5-2012 at 04:05 PM

Tom, looks like our SF trip isn't going to happen, guess we'll have to have a beer another time. Have fun and be careful.......when my wife tells me that I say "well, which one"?......dt

TMW - 3-6-2012 at 10:46 AM

Sorry DT. You still planning on the Agua Verde trip the end of April or 1st of May?

[Edited on 3-6-2012 by TW]