BajaNomad

Fishing report - WINDY AT YOUR PLACE?

Pompano - 3-8-2012 at 10:56 AM

Fishing report? No..Not really..but I can give you my 2 cents worth of report on...

... all this DAMN WIND!!

The winter of 2012 will surely be known in our area as The Year of the Wind.

On the Mulege fishing scene we are frustrated fishermen...not a chance with all those backbreaking whitecaps out there every day...day after day..with nothing to do but play poker ...chase blowing skirts...dream of big ones..(yah, fish!)

Argggh!!

Is it windy where you are at, too? Please tell us this is not just OUR curse?

bufeo - 3-8-2012 at 11:09 AM

We've had a mild winter in regards to snow, but the winds have been incessant. We had our dogs out for their daily exercise the other day and after walking for about ten minutes my wife stopped abruptly and asked, "Did you hear that?"

"What?" I replied. "I don't hear anything."

"That's just it," she said. "There's no wind. It's all quiet. I can hear Fred or Jenner banging on some machinery." Fred and Jenner would have been over a mile away at Fred's equipment shed.

And that stillness in the atmosphere was well worth noting.

My anemometer a couple of weeks ago hit 58mph and the evening news that day said a "wind instrument" on top of Soldier Mtn (about 40 mi distant) topped 100mph.

For what it's worth, P, a flock of geese flew overhead this a.m. heading NE.

Allen R

RnR - 3-8-2012 at 01:37 PM

Currently averaging 25 and gusting over 30mph!

La Ventana, 03/08/12.

wind graph.gif - 20kB

Pompano - 3-8-2012 at 04:06 PM

How windy is it?

"It's sooo windy, my dog has to back up to bark!"

"It's too windy to haul rocks!"

A WINDY ACCIDENT:

Two men were riding a motorcycle on a windy winter day. When it became too windy for the passenger, he put his jacket on backwards to keep the wind from blowing it open. A few miles down the road, the motorcycle hit a tree, killing the driver instantly and stunning the passenger.
Later, when a detective visited the scene, he asked a policeman standing nearby what happened. "Well," the officer replied, "one of them was dead when I got here, and by the time I got the other one's head straightened around, he was dead, too."

[Edited on 3-8-2012 by Pompano]

vandenberg - 3-8-2012 at 04:28 PM

Just got back from fishing.
That is.......I fished the chaircushions from my back patio out of my downstairs fountain.:biggrin::biggrin:

24baja - 3-8-2012 at 04:31 PM

It has been Mucho Windy in Bahia De Los Angeles this week. Poor fishing as well.

Wind is crankin' on the East Cape...

windgrrl - 3-8-2012 at 04:36 PM

...sailors are smiling!:spingrin:

Pompano - 3-8-2012 at 04:46 PM

Good idea...let these guys enjoy this windy weather..and may they be welcome to it!

Sail-surfing at Playa Naranjos inside BOC last season....If given a lemon, make lemonade!