BajaNomad

$$$ in my pocket, I feel like going DANCIN' in TIJUANA!

Ken Cooke - 3-9-2012 at 10:54 PM

I feel like taking my Wife to Tijuana for some dancing and letting loose during Semana Santa. :bounce:

On our way to LAS PULGAS - CALLE REVOLUCCION in front of JAI ALAI PALACE, TIJUANA

Inside LAS PULGAS NIGHTCLUB, TIJUANA

I'll keep everyone posted if we go in April. Too much fun and good food!

Ken Cooke - 3-9-2012 at 11:00 PM

Kissing stray dogs in Tijuana is how I roll...:P

Normally, for short trips to Tijuana, I like to leave the Jeep and take public transportation into Tijuana.

Parked at the McDonalds near Calle 1era, Tijuana

While I would love to visit deeper into THE BAJA, the almighty BUDGET says, "No".

Hiking Caņon del Diablo

Ken Cooke - 3-9-2012 at 11:05 PM

Mike and I were going to DEATH VALLEY, but due to increased gas prices, Mike backed out.

Mike and I at the 2011 Off Road Expo, Pomona.

Can you imagine fueling up this monster??:light:

Funny thing - The farther I am away from Tijuana, the more often I bump into Baja Crawlers like Caesar!

Ken Cooke - 3-9-2012 at 11:12 PM

I sure miss the olden days with David K on Shell Island...

Why Tijuana?? You ask...

Ken Cooke - 3-9-2012 at 11:39 PM

...because great music like this is played there!

Marta Sanchez (Espaņa)

Vilma Palm e Vampiros (Argentina)

Soda Stereo (Argentina)

mcfez - 3-10-2012 at 06:41 AM

Great pictures Ken! Yes....cost of gas is out of mind for doing road trips...but I am afraid it is here to stay. Our drives to Baja now runs at $850 per trip, from Sacramento!

That Davidk tent picture.....they look like as Kings of The Bedouin with those sun tents ;)

Gorgeous looking wife too, BTW

Death Valley

John M - 3-10-2012 at 09:41 AM

Ken, starved for Death Valley?

I'm leading a trip in two weeks, meeting here in the high desert on Friday morning 9:00 a.m. on the 23rd of March. You sure are welcome. Looks like 5 vehicles so far.

Four nights camping. And as a real bonus, TW is going along.

You can't always measure fun in miles per gallon.

John M

castaway$ - 3-10-2012 at 09:46 AM

mcfez it costs me that much just to get through california!

David K - 3-10-2012 at 10:10 AM

Olden days??? 2010!!

Thanks Ken. I Haven't seen that photo before.

Ken Cooke - 3-10-2012 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by John M
Ken, starved for Death Valley?

I'm leading a trip in two weeks, meeting here in the high desert on Friday morning 9:00 a.m. on the 23rd of March. You sure are welcome. Looks like 5 vehicles so far.

Four nights camping. And as a real bonus, TW is going along.

You can't always measure fun in miles per gallon.

John M

Thanks for the invitation, John. I only have the 1st week of April off from work.

805gregg - 3-10-2012 at 07:29 PM

You want to go and have a blast, get a reasonable hotel in Santa Barbara and do the State street crawl, loads of fun and all within walking distance.

wessongroup - 3-10-2012 at 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg
You want to go and have a blast, get a reasonable hotel in Santa Barbara and do the State street crawl, loads of fun and all within walking distance.

Now that's not a bad idea... been a while .. thanks :light:

Ken Cooke - 3-10-2012 at 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg

Santa Barbara is BEAUTIFUL! We visited there in late December and had a great time. We didn't notice any places for dancing to Latin music - something Latinas enjoy doing.

Old Mission Nativity Scene

Enjoying the Old Mission at Christmas time:yes: