BajaNomad

Today's Photos - A day on the water

Pompano - 3-13-2012 at 08:53 PM

Another great Baja day on the SOC...nothing too hectic, just relaxing, fishing, daydreaming, and taking photos for the helluva-it.

My present to all poor souls who are land-locked today..hope you enjoy these:

...daydreaming time....

wessongroup - 3-13-2012 at 08:59 PM

Thanks much ... that looks like a great day out on the water...

And WOW !!! on the daydream ... keep trucking :):)

Loretana - 3-13-2012 at 09:18 PM

Senor Pompano

OK, so what's the deal with Isla Coiba, Panama?
I was at Club Pacifico there in 1975 with a rock musician (too famous to mention) and could not believe the FISHING!!

Wow, that was some vacation.......snorkeling with a "shark stick" warhead!

Love the photos

[Edited on 3-14-2012 by Loretana]

Bob H - 3-13-2012 at 09:30 PM

Nice day on the water Pomp... here's some dream stuff from the Hannibal Banks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYSPLwWMpwk

bajario - 3-13-2012 at 09:31 PM

When's the big move? I'm sure gonna miss the present day photo lineups. But I guess you'll have to inspire via pics to move to Panama.

chuckie - 3-14-2012 at 03:50 AM

John caught those yellows on Jigs? It was an awesome day wasnt it? I was up North by Santa Ynez, lots of Yellows on the top but not interested in anything I threw at em...Monday I got 3, fickle boogers......

chuckie - 3-14-2012 at 04:20 AM

I'll add one pic...This is daybreak, leaving Mulege yesterday

Cypress - 3-14-2012 at 05:47 AM

Pompano, Thanks.:D Panama bound?:D

pompano

captkw - 3-14-2012 at 06:39 AM

thank's and I'm without my boat this season...suffering suckatash #$%^^& no fishing/not living !! K&T:cool:

Pompano - 3-14-2012 at 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Loretana
Senor Pompano

OK, so what's the deal with Isla Coiba, Panama?
I was at Club Pacifico there in 1975 with a rock musician (too famous to mention) and could not believe the FISHING!!

Wow, that was some vacation.......snorkeling with a "shark stick" warhead!

Love the photos

[Edited on 3-14-2012 by Loretana]

Hola Loretana,

Panama is my first port of call after selling my Baja home. Primarily for the great fishing..as you know. Costa Rica, Belize, and Ecuador were candidates, but the climate and culture on the NW side of Panama are best for my tastes, also...sea breezes to my hammock, short runs to Hannibal Banks, beach cafes for good talks & times, you know the drill.
I have made a few exporatory trips there in the last 2 years..and will return this June.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=50499#pid5868...

Rock musican and bang-sticks, eh? Those were the days...I played a guitar for a while back in the day.

Panama is my next Baja..for lots of good reasons.

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
John caught those yellows on Jigs? It was an awesome day wasnt it? I was up North by Santa Ynez, lots of Yellows on the top but not interested in anything I threw at em...Monday I got 3, fickle boogers......

Hola chuckie,

Nope, I am fairly sure John and Jim caught those jurel on live bait rigs like we normally do...that jigging is sooo much work! (Update to that..just yakking with John and he had no luck with live bait...so they switched to jigs...yup, jigs.) They found them north of Sta. Inez..at the hole called The Ranch...between Pta. Chivato and San Marcos Island.

Me? I went south...shucks. My excuse...hmm...how about this: "I wanted to kick back and contemplate the universe."...or "My compass went haywire??"

There's always 'manana'.....

[Edited on 3-14-2012 by Pompano]

chuckie - 3-14-2012 at 06:56 PM

Could be, I was at Barts last night for Grahams lecture...Tom Higginbotham said he thought they were jigged...lots of em out there..Gonna hit em hard next week...:lol:

Loretana - 3-14-2012 at 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano

Hola Loretana,

Panama is my first port of call after selling my Baja home. Primarily for the great fishing..as you know. Costa Rica, Belize, and Ecuador were candidates, but the climate and culture on the NW side of Panama are best for my tastes, also...sea breezes to my hammock, short runs to Hannibal Banks, beach cafes for good talks & times, you know the drill.

Rock musican and bang-sticks, eh? Those were the days...I played a guitar for a while back in the day.

Panama is my next Baja..for lots of good reasons.

Pompano,

Good choice! I loved the month I spent down there.

And my British rocker buddy bought a nice chunk of a very private island, Jicaron, just south of Isla Coiba. He was a shrewd investor, and probably still owns the place......

Man, we had a lotta hair back then......:saint:

[Edited on 3-15-2012 by Loretana]

htnfool - 3-15-2012 at 05:40 AM

Thanks for the fishing trip.

Ask OBJ if he caught those fish on the jig I gave him.?

See ya on the Hannibal banks.....;D

Scott

Pompano - 3-15-2012 at 07:26 AM

Panama!!

I just got an email from a couple of Seattle fishing buddies who are currently fishing ’ Wahoo Alley’ near Coiba Island and Jicaron now……scoring 200lb+ tuna and many wahoo in the 60-70lb range. They caught and released 5 marlin in the last week, even though the billfish season is winding down.

Carumba! It really gripes me to listen to their complaints of being overworked catching and releasing all the marlin, sails, tuna, mahi mahi, dogtooth snappers, trevally, amberjacks, roosterfish, and whatevers!!

His humor being a mite sharp and sadistic, Mike wonders if I’m still hunting for that whopper 25” pinto bass over there in Mulege? I immediately sent this back:

“Buttcrack! My turn is coming!”

htnfool - 3-15-2012 at 11:21 AM

Give'em hell Rog

chuckie - 3-15-2012 at 02:51 PM

Ya got a way with words, Pomp!

BajaBlanca - 3-15-2012 at 06:02 PM

really beautiful photos .. the colors of the water are just gorgeous.

estebanis - 3-15-2012 at 09:29 PM

Hey Roger maybe you can go swiming with the fishies in Panama like my good friend Tony Berkowitz did...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmtzQUh4fXY&context=C4dd6...

[Edited on 3-16-2012 by estebanis]