BajaNomad

Shell Island

viabaja - 3-17-2012 at 07:54 AM

Ok, again for all you Shell Island fans. Beach deserted. A lot of tracks from the Baja 250 visitors. Fishing camp had a couple of fisherman. Tides flat. Percebu quiet. They had a good crowd at the cantina I was told which was great! I avoid SF entirely over the 250 weekend!!! Can't even get a beer or fuel due to crowds!! Pulled into SF on Tuesday and there was no gas to be had! (I use diesel) But the local merchants love the business! High tides in April and May that will prevent/greatly hinder access to beach so be aware! Mas tarde, C

desertcpl - 3-17-2012 at 09:03 AM

we used to get diesel at the harbor when they was out in town

David K - 3-17-2012 at 09:58 AM

No photos??? Thanks for the report Chris!!

mtgoat666 - 3-17-2012 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by viabaja
Ok, again for all you Shell Island fans. Beach deserted. A lot of tracks from the Baja 250 visitors. Fishing camp had a couple of fisherman. Tides flat. Percebu quiet. They had a good crowd at the cantina I was told which was great! I avoid SF entirely over the 250 weekend!!! Can't even get a beer or fuel due to crowds!! Pulled into SF on Tuesday and there was no gas to be had! (I use diesel) But the local merchants love the business! High tides in April and May that will prevent/greatly hinder access to beach so be aware! Mas tarde, C

was the wind less than 20 knots?

viabaja - 3-17-2012 at 03:27 PM

Dave, same old scenery!! There are hundreds of pix of that beach!! Place was deserted.
Will be back early April for high tides and wakeboarding behind ski. Will post pix then!!

David K - 3-17-2012 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Dave, same old scenery!! There are hundreds of pix of that beach!! Place was deserted.
Will be back early April for high tides and wakeboarding behind ski. Will post pix then!!

I know Chris, but it is beautiful evertime, none-the-less.

For newbies wondering what we are talking about :

Just sand, shells and sun!:cool:

BajaWarrior - 3-17-2012 at 05:04 PM

Quote:

Remember Chris, this is new Baja. No one comes South anymore. No crowds, plenty of fuel, and only a few couples having a beer at the Percebu Cantina Sunday at 12:30 in the afternoon. Our Campo was quiet too... We were on the Island right before that beer with quads, just a little bit muddy was all...

viabaja - 3-18-2012 at 11:21 AM

Chuck, I keep forgetting!! But you are correct, much less crowds now. Only saw a few daytrippers at Percebu. However, 2 of the Pemex stations were out of gasoline on Tuesday. I use diesel so I don't care. Wanted 5 gals for my quads - next time.

BajaWarrior - 3-18-2012 at 04:53 PM

Chris,

We brought 4 empty cans along and filled them up Friday night (Southbound) at the "Rockodile" gas station for our Toys. I have Diesel as well and topped off going home (Monday) at the Toll Road gas station on Highway 2 @ Hwy 5.

We'll be down for Easter Week. Will you be joining us for the South Campos Poker Run?

viabaja - 3-19-2012 at 09:27 AM

Chuck, we plan on being down early April for high tides (wakeboarding in the lagoon). I may stay on while the girls go home. We'll see.