BajaNomad

Best fishing opportunities In April BCN

vacaenbaja - 3-26-2012 at 02:03 PM

Looking for some "sping fishing " action. Will go as far as
BOLA or perhaps G. Negro. Surf fishing action is fine.
Looking more to just relax and wet a line and have some fun
with whatever bites and fights.

mulegemichael - 3-26-2012 at 03:48 PM

if you could stretch it just a leetle bit more, shari and juans in asuncion offers some pretty fine surf fishing...and great accomodations too.

Hook - 3-26-2012 at 05:23 PM

You've heard of the Siete Hermanas Secret Fishing Spots, havent you?

HOOK/anzuelo

captkw - 3-26-2012 at 05:25 PM

I'am all ear's,,do tell !! K&T :cool:

vacaenbaja - 3-26-2012 at 05:54 PM

Asuncion would be nice but G. Negro is already pushing it distance wise. I only included it as it is close to "Variety Beach" which has been good a long time ago, but I do not have any current information on how the fishing is there nowdays in April. Has anyone fished San Antonio Del Mar in recent
times in April? Is there a halibut run in the 7 sisters area in April? If I was flying I would go Los Cabos and have a try
at catching sierra from shore. But once again I am looking
at Baja Norte as I plan to drive.

good yellowtail

captkw - 3-26-2012 at 06:02 PM

Hola, for the past week from cerrovo down the east side has been a good yellow tail action,,with meutos doing really good !! K&T....:cool:.......OUT

woody with a view - 3-27-2012 at 06:54 AM

san q and get a panga from KM sportfishing.

Hook - 3-27-2012 at 07:33 AM

The problem with San Q is San Q. April will be overcast and cold, likely windy. Guacala!

Of course, that description covers just about anywhere along the Pacific Coast in April, until you get down by the Cape.

BOLA would be warmer but the fishing usually isnt going by then, unless you're happy with spotted bay bass. And I have still seen water temps in the high 50s in April that really puts a damper on the fishing.

How about the road out to Santa Rosalillita? What's the surf fishing like north or south of there, gang? I would stick to surf fishing, rather than pin hopes on a panga that could be grounded (or made unpleasant) by winds. If the wind allows, maybe you can get a panga out of the Rosalillita area.

woody with a view - 3-27-2012 at 08:16 AM

anywhere along the west coast you can catch corbina, perch and calicos if you know how to fish them.

castaway$ - 3-27-2012 at 09:55 AM

Corbina good eating?

bajaking76 - 3-27-2012 at 10:14 AM

Ejido Erendira- 31°16'27.11" N 116°21'53.30"....good fishing not to far away from the US and relatively inexpensive......south of Santo Tomas and just north of San Vicente........Castro's Camp is the most popular outfit, but I like to shop around...http://castrosfishingplace.com/

BillP - 3-28-2012 at 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook

How about the road out to Santa Rosalillita? What's the surf fishing like north or south of there, gang? I would stick to surf fishing, rather than pin hopes on a panga that could be grounded (or made unpleasant) by winds. If the wind allows, maybe you can get a panga out of the Rosalillita area.

I was thinking the same, there, El Tomotal, or even the Laguna Manuela area.

BillP - 3-28-2012 at 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by castaway$
Corbina good eating?
Very good!

Punta Banda: close and inexpensive

durrelllrobert - 3-28-2012 at 07:59 AM

www.vonnys fleet . com /
SEE VONNY'S FLEET WEEKLY FISHING REPORTS AND PHOTOS IN MEXICO FISHING NEWS AND WESTERN OUTDOOR NEWS..