BajaNomad

Headed South Again

McRV6A - 4-1-2012 at 06:56 PM

Hi
I was reluctant to put this on this website but having met some of you nomads I thought maybe some would like this.
Thanks
Don

http://rvflyingstories.com/heading_south_again.htm

David K - 4-1-2012 at 07:16 PM

HI back at yah!

That was a very nice photo web page... Thanks for sharing it here!

BajaBlanca - 4-1-2012 at 10:26 PM

boy, that was a trip packed with places to visit ....very kind of the mexican guy to help with the prepping and cooking while guzzling cervezas !! weloved zihuatanejo and if you ever have some cash to burn - stay at the PAN DE MIEL hotel .. it is decadently exquisitely gorgeous.

Stickers - 4-2-2012 at 02:52 AM

Don and Joan, thanks for the trip report.

Nice looking RV and seems fast since you made good times for the long distances you flew.
Noticed that the runway in San Miguel is now paved. When I was there a few years ago it was still dirt with nothing around but the army guys who got all excited to see an airplane but were good guys.
Did you build your RV?

Rick SMO

McRV6A - 4-2-2012 at 08:44 AM

Hi
Thanks for all your commits. yes it was a fun trip maybe again next year? Not much money to burn I really have to watch it. Yes the Brunch was really a blast but couldn't drink cerveza's that early in the morning. I was at san miguel last year and it was still a dirt strip they just paved it. It is much better but now they need lots of money donations for up keep. Yes I did build my RV6A my self around 13 years ago. It is a wonderful time machine for getting places 200 mph.
Don