BajaNomad

Best Baja Biffie Award goes to...

windgrrl - 4-3-2012 at 05:43 PM

...Valle de Guadelupe Pemex. Yes, folks, they're locked, look and smell sparkling clean, the plumbing works, was equipped with soap and both kinds of paper, has an attendant and after 5 months of varying standards of banos - it's totally worth a 10 peso tip!

Yes - the banjos are still under construction at El Rosario Pemex - but you can use the ones at the motel. Good, professional service in Nov. and March.

[Edited on 4-4-2012 by windgrrl]

[Edited on 4-4-2012 by windgrrl]

woody with a view - 4-3-2012 at 05:59 PM

i've heard of both sides of paper, but both kinds? wet/dry and 60 grit?:?:

windgrrl - 4-3-2012 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
i've heard of both sides of paper, but both kinds? wet/dry and 60 grit?:?:

The small soft & white roll by the toilet + the 60 grit for the hands, of course! Both kinds - amazing, ain't it?!! And, you should have seen the smile light up on the attendant's face when I told him how much I appreciated the cleanliness.

:dudette:

oladulce - 4-3-2012 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by windgrrl
... and after 5 months of varying standards of banjos - it's totally worth a 10 peso tip!

Yes - the banjos are still under construction at El Rosairo Pemex - but you can use the ones at the motel. Good, professional service in Nov. and March.

I've never been offered banjos at a Pemex potty- that would be worth a tip.

windgrrl - 4-3-2012 at 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oladulce
Quote:
Originally posted by windgrrl
... and after 5 months of varying standards of banjos - it's totally worth a 10 peso tip!

Yes - the banjos are still under construction at El Rosairo Pemex - but you can use the ones at the motel. Good, professional service in Nov. and March.

I've never been offered banjos at a Pemex potty- that would be worth a tip.

oops - jejejeje

Mula - 4-3-2012 at 06:21 PM

3 pesos, 4 or even 5 pesos. .. . but 10?

And you wonder why it is getting more expensive here.

Spoiling the locals?

windgrrl - 4-3-2012 at 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mula
3 pesos, 4 or even 5 pesos. .. . but 10?

And you wonder why it is getting more expensive here.

Spoiling the locals?

Naw - it's what the local in front of me gave!

UnoMas - 4-4-2012 at 07:27 AM

Toilet seat, T.P., running water, hand soap and hand towels are known to my wife and I as a GRAND SLAM while traveling in Mexico. Things are looking up :lol::lol::lol:

motoged - 4-4-2012 at 09:32 AM

In more remote places, like Coco's Corner, the amenities are a bit less comforting...