BajaNomad

food fishing and big swell in Asuncion

shari - 5-1-2012 at 07:27 AM

Juan got a couple days off abalone fishing due to a monstrous swell that was breathtaking....here is last night's sunset over the blowhole in our front yard.

and what does a fisherman do on his day off...of course we went fishing! We loaded up the panga with cerveza and headed to Juan's secret spot. I guess the humpback whales also know the spot as they were there food fishing too...chowing down on langostina. Here is Juan going out to get the panga in his bongito.

this was my kind of fishing where we got a fish every drop...sometimes two! We limited out quick on whitefish and some calico which provided lovely filets for us and family & friends....I was getting tired of abalone burgers!

Udo - 5-1-2012 at 07:41 AM

Superb sunset shot, Shari!

Cypress - 5-1-2012 at 07:58 AM

shari, Thanks.:D

shari - 5-1-2012 at 07:58 AM

thanks Udo...I was in the garden planting chard and beets when I had to run for my camera, it was just so beautiful and LOUD!

watizname - 5-1-2012 at 10:09 AM

Gosh Shari, REAL sorry to hear you're tired of eating abolone burgers. Wa to rub it in. :coolup::coolup::coolup:

tiotomasbcs - 5-1-2012 at 11:39 AM

Wait till Lobster season begins and she starts tantalizing us with Lobster soup, Lobster tacos, ala parilla, etc. Macking S/W swell has been rattling my doors and windows since Sunday! Went down to Costa Azul to play over the weekend and the weather was warm and the water a beautiful blue-green!!:o:tumble: swells stacked to the horizon. Tio