BajaNomad

Matomi Wash 2012

Sprocket - 5-4-2012 at 10:06 PM

Getting ready The family wagon

Casa Cuervo El Dorado Ranch

Rob hits something hard Day over for him>>>>

[IMG]

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh558/fredericksonb/oops.jpg[IMG)
D

Matomi

[Edited on 5-5-2012 by Sprocket]

Ken Cooke - 5-4-2012 at 10:31 PM

What a cool trail! I gotta check that out!:bounce:

David K - 5-5-2012 at 10:29 AM

Thanks... looks like the narrows is back down to rocks again?

It was that way my first time in Matomi back in 1977... over time sand would build up and it was flat and sandy through there... Looks like some flash floods took the sand away, again!

Wild break down? A weak frame?

Same place in Feb. 2001 (elgatoloco photo):

and June, 2006:

[Edited on 5-5-2012 by David K]

David K - 5-5-2012 at 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
What a cool trail! I gotta check that out!:bounce:

Here you go Ken.... except this is the hard way (from the Puertecitos side up to the oasis): http://vivabaja.com/618/page4.html

Ken Cooke - 5-5-2012 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Wild break down? A weak frame?

I bet that is could be remedied by a couple of Hi-Lifts and a portable on-board welder. Not easy to find a tow truck in the desert, but I guess that is what the tow rigs are for.

woody with a view - 5-5-2012 at 10:03 PM

can you imagine the water flow through those narrows? pucker factor off the charts!:o

Mexitron - 5-6-2012 at 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
can you imagine the water flow through those narrows? pucker factor off the charts!:o

It must be amazing the amount of H2O flowing through those desert canyons at times----almost makes me want to position myself above one of the east side arroyos during a hurricane to see it.

Bug - 5-6-2012 at 09:25 PM

Great pictures.. I love that Canyon.. Did you stop by the Cinnamon Valley and see the arch there..

BajaWarrior - 5-7-2012 at 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view

The last big flush would've been in '97 when Hurricane Nora came to visit and brought 15 inches of rain in 24 hours. It was like we got a whole new desert after that one!

David K - 5-7-2012 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bug
Great pictures.. I love that Canyon.. Did you stop by the Cinnamon Valley and see the arch there..

How did the name 'Cinnamon Valley' come about?

I have wanted to see the arch since bajalou showed me a photo of it, years ago!

Bug - 5-7-2012 at 09:11 PM

That is the name of the National Park there Cinnamon Valley.. There is a sign there saying that. Any time you want to go there I would be glad to show you where it is. Lou not doing to well.. He is a very good friend of mine who share alot of Baja with me. I sure miss him..

FUN!

El Vergel - 5-9-2012 at 08:18 PM

Great Trip Report! Thanks for the share.

Bug - 5-9-2012 at 10:12 PM

Hello David ..

This arch is south of Matomi.. It is in Cinnamon Valley, which the mexican goverment made a National park, since this arch is there.

Would be glad to show you it, when you come down to SF..

Bug - 5-9-2012 at 10:17 PM

David ..

Check out my email to you.... I don't know how to post the information on the nomad.. Maybe you could do this for me..

David K - 5-9-2012 at 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bug
David ..

Check out my email to you.... I don't know how to post the information on the nomad.. Maybe you could do this for me..

Here are three of the photos you emailed to me...

I think this should be in its own thread, Bug... don't you? Where was the sign in relation to the arch?

Bug - 5-10-2012 at 08:40 PM

The arch is about 5 to 6 miles from the sign. David you did a great job posting the pictures.

One day I was taling to lou asking him where could I go that I had not been before, so he thought about it and told me about this arch..

When I go threw Matomie I always stop and see it. I have taken many of my friends there, it a easy road to get to the arch.

David come to San Felipe I will take you there and a few other places. I will be down there in Oct..

David K - 5-10-2012 at 10:05 PM

Thank you Bug... when we go, it is mostly now to sit on the beach and do as little as possible... that is until I get bored and take Baja Angel on some crazy desert trip! Check out out June 18, 2006 San Felipe trip: http://vivabaja.com/618 (Shell Island, Colonia Delicias Eateries, Matomi Canyon)

Bug - 5-10-2012 at 10:10 PM

David.. I have check all of your web site and have gotten a lot of great information.. I have enjoy all your pictures on your web site also. You and Baja Angel have done many wonderful trip threw the baja..Thank you for sharing them all with us..