BajaNomad

San Lucas Cove Yellowtail Tournament

Pescador - 5-9-2012 at 09:03 AM

Okay, things are being finalized and the number of entries is doing very well.

San Lucas Cove Yellowtail Tournament, May 27, 2012

Captains meeting at Jim Anderson's house in San Bruno, Saturday May 26th, 4:00 pm. Cash Bar for Margaritas, beer and a few other selections.

Pre-registration is allowed and is being done at San Lucas Cove, San Bruno, Las Casitas hotel in Santa Rosalia, Punta Chivato, and probably even a night in Mulege at Scotty's.

All fishermen must have a current fishing license

Boats may begin fishing from home port with weigh in at Las Casitas Hotel in Santa Rosalia.

Entry fee is 350 Pesos. There will be a Calcutta Auction. You may prebid for any boat on the Calcutta but if you are outbid at the captain's meeting the high bidder will win the boat.

Channel 74 will be the official VHF radio channel for the tournament.

We have great T-shirts, some hats, and some good prizes. First three places will win a custom fishing Jacket from a supplier in California and will be custom done to your size.

The awards dinner will be Sunday afternoon at Las Casitas hotel in Santa Rosalia and will be hosted by Brenda Goodson.

capt. mike - 5-9-2012 at 03:42 PM

hope it is a good turnout Jim.
Say - whatever happened to Comacho's campo?
I know he died.
that's where i parked for 3 nites when i hauled my old trailer to mulege in nov 2001.

Pescador - 5-9-2012 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
hope it is a good turnout Jim.
Say - whatever happened to Comacho's campo?
I know he died.
that's where i parked for 3 nites when i hauled my old trailer to mulege in nov 2001.

His widow took it over and I helped her for several years to repair plumbing, fixed the hot water heaters, and did some general maintence to fix it up. She still runs it and has some customers who stay there every year. She married a Norteamericano so he is helping her with the running of the park.

chuckie - 5-30-2012 at 04:22 AM

Any reports on this tournament? we wanted to fish it but couldnt git er done, because of the Mulege Dorado deal and Logistics of doing both. Next year, hope they dont get scheduled same time...PICS?

Pescador - 5-30-2012 at 06:41 AM

Well, Chuckie, you are in luck. Due to the bad wind on Sunday, we had to postpone the tourney and it will be held this coming Sunday. We will still have the captain's meeting at my house in San Bruno on Saturday at 5:00pm with the Calcutta Auction. We would love to have some of you guys from Mulege join up with us.
Hopefully the Dorado tournament went better as Monday and Tuesday looked really good.

PLEASE LOTS OF PHOTOS..

Fishmagician - 6-3-2012 at 10:22 AM

I wish all anglers plenty of good luck, and sending the photos makes those memories shared and longer lasting.