BajaNomad

If you only had one lure to use the rest of your life?

baitcast - 5-13-2012 at 09:34 AM

For the beach/off shore,one guy said he would probably go crazy.

For me the most versatile lure from the beach is a 3/8#blue/chrome K/M hands down,off shore a plain old yellow/white feather..........Whats yours?
Rob

woody with a view - 5-13-2012 at 09:36 AM

x-rap offshore
swimbait (in 17 different colors!) along the shore

DENNIS - 5-13-2012 at 09:38 AM

Undoubtedly...this:

http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PAB2247.jpg

baitcast - 5-13-2012 at 09:44 AM

:lol::lol::lol: Ya Dennis and that will work anytime hungary or not and anywhere.
Rob

Cypress - 5-13-2012 at 10:17 AM

The silver hook AKA $$$$.:biggrin:

Skipjack Joe - 5-13-2012 at 10:35 AM

It's hard to beat a kastmater when fishing from shore.

Unless they're mostly feeding on sand crabs in the surf (most of the time).

or you're fishing for calicos in the kelp.

woody with a view - 5-13-2012 at 10:49 AM

^^^^what he said^^^^

DavidT - 5-13-2012 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Undoubtedly...this:

http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PAB2247.jpg

Growing up in the south me and my cousin were fishing one day when the game warden snuck up on us.
He always wondered how we got so many fish, the first thing he said was "I knew it. I knew y'all were cheating."
So I handed him a stick, lit the fuse and said "Now are you gonna talk or are you gonna fish?"

desertcpl - 5-13-2012 at 11:35 AM

this lure has been around since time was recorded, works every time

natalie_6875_2.jpg - 49kB

DENNIS - 5-13-2012 at 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidT
Growing up in the south me and my cousin were fishing one day when the game warden snuck up on us.
He always wondered how we got so many fish, the first thing he said was "I knew it. I knew y'all were cheating."
So I handed him a stick, lit the fuse and said "Now are you gonna talk or are you gonna fish?"

:lol::lol::lol: and :lol:

Reminds me of the recent addition to the TV cable shows about these hillbillies down south who are getting rich with a Duck Call business. Forget the name, but it's a pretty funny show :lol:.

Fishmagician - 5-13-2012 at 12:52 PM

I have to go with a blue and black pusher off shore, and inshore either a K.M. in the surf or sinking Rapala.:yes:

vgabndo - 5-13-2012 at 02:31 PM

When Cathy and I started in San Nicolas' we fished Gene Kira style with a 12' Gregor and a 9.9 Honda fishing in-shore. Gene swore by the 4 1/2" jointed Rebel FasTrac in Orange over Gold. We literally wore them out! When we'd lost the last real one, I painted up a couple of solid gold ones one year, and they chewed the paint off it! We were practically SKUNKED the last few times we fished there inshore.

From shore my most productive lure is a gob of squid on an appropriate hook. My dad, who was poor, taught me to use recycled spark plugs and Bull-Durham bags filled with sand for sacrificial weights. :light: With lures I feel like I'm throwing five dollar bills into a mine field!

rebel 005.jpg - 37kB

edm1 - 5-13-2012 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
. . . With lures I feel like I'm throwing five dollar bills into a mine field!

X2

Fishmagician - 5-13-2012 at 03:06 PM

I have to sets of the Rebel Fast Tracs,,,good as new to boot. I'll get my time.

Packoderm - 5-13-2012 at 03:43 PM

Cypress - 5-13-2012 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm

:yes:

Skipjack Joe - 5-13-2012 at 04:01 PM

Those rapala/rebel lures are the more dangerous to a fisherman than any other lure.

Last summer I had a rebel enter my thumb at the edge of the nail and come out the other side.

Two years ago Alex had rapala go into the palm and come out. Like being stitched.

Once they start shaking in the boat those treble hooks fly in all directions. The rebel is the worst because it has 3 trebles and they're smaller.

They're great lures. The only problem is ....

Trolling is B O R I N G.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you only had one lure to use the rest of your life?
Let me use it as a blonde.

[Edited on 5-13-2012 by Skipjack Joe]

baitcast - 5-13-2012 at 05:47 PM

Many are taking the middle hook off for that very reason and yes trolling is very boring we only resorted to it when we couldn't find the fish any other way.
Rob

watizname - 5-13-2012 at 06:35 PM

blue krok inshore, pink feather offshore:cool:

yellowklr - 5-13-2012 at 06:53 PM

2.5 OZ Kroc if I had one lure

Gotten Tuna,YT,Cabrilla,Halibut,Pargo,Sierra...........Well everything on one

Pescador - 5-13-2012 at 07:55 PM

If I had to choose one lure and really wanted to catch fish, I am afraid it would always come out to live bait. Best lure available.

durrelllrobert - 5-14-2012 at 08:08 AM

Don't have a preference for the beach/off shore but for trolling this has always worked for me. :lol::lol::lol:

vgabndo - 5-14-2012 at 01:12 PM

Bob, I thought I was the only one who went to Halloween parties as a flasher! Of course I was doing it when even the THREAT of opening the coat, elicited squeals.:lol:

vgabndo - 5-14-2012 at 01:27 PM

Fishmagician...I'm fortunate to have ANY of my good trolling gear! The thieves who opened my dry boxes after Julio washed through our place in San Nicolas' took the FishFinder off the top of the middle box and I guess being blinded by the piles of dummy dust in their futures, left without the hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of lures in the six boxes just out of sight below. One of the ONLY good parts of that story!:lol:

IMG_0231 (Small).JPG - 49kB

Fishmagician - 5-14-2012 at 01:48 PM

Too bad about the hurricane, I got my fill of those in '95 in Florida. Hurricane Opal kicked my tabagon:no: The ones who got the depth finder probably never got it to work right, but it looks good bobbing up and down on his dash.

If my wife ever finds out the value of my lures, I'll probably turn up missing in the morning, and Ebay would be making a killing. :lol::lol::lol:

Cypress - 5-14-2012 at 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
If I had to choose one lure and really wanted to catch fish, I am afraid it would always come out to live bait. Best lure available.

Very true!:yes:

Skipjack Joe - 5-14-2012 at 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Don't have a preference for the beach/off shore but for trolling this has always worked for me. :lol::lol::lol:

You trolling for sardines?

Fishmagician - 5-14-2012 at 09:00 PM

May be a rich widow:lol::lol::lol::lol:

estebanis - 5-14-2012 at 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS[/

Reminds me of the recent addition to the TV cable shows about these hillbillies down south who are getting rich with a Duck Call business. Forget the name, but it's a pretty funny show :lol:.

The show is "Duck Dynasty" They have had a show on the Outdoor Channel for years. It won awards in the outdoor show arena (The Golden Moose).
Phil Robertson heads the clan from East Monroe, La. He was a quarterback for Louisiana Tech along with Terry Bradsaw in the late 60's. He quit a year early so he could pursue his passion of duck hunting.

http://college-football.si.com/2012/03/22/duck-punt-how-phil...