BajaNomad

Ferry

cortezkid - 5-21-2012 at 03:08 PM

I am wanting to get to Mulege from San Carlos. Does the ferry still run? does anyone know a place to leave a car in on the other side? We want to come down from Colorado to see parents in Mulege.

short notice I know but any help is great.

mcpuitar - 5-21-2012 at 04:25 PM

The ferry still runs. I'll be taking it to Santa Rosalia this Saturday, 5/26 (as always, weather permitting, but Sailflow wind forecast data looks good at this point). Here is their website: http://www.ferrysantarosalia.com/
The number to call for reservations and questions is 011 52 622 222 0204. If Diego is in the ferry office, ask to speak to him as he is very helpful. He also speaks English because he used to work out of San Diego as a merchant mariner. There are some helpful posts on this BN site about the SR ferry if you do a search. You can take your car on board if you reserve the space, but it increases the cost significantly. There may be places to leave your car in Guaymas (the airport perhaps?) or San Carlos, then take a bus or taxi to the ferry terminal. It's not a huge boat, and gets tossed around a bit when the wind stirs the waves up. So, if you are prone to seasickness, bring Dramamine for nighttime crossing, Bonine for daytime crossing, and ginger for an all-purpose prevention. Have a fun trip. I always enjoy it.

ferry

cortezkid - 5-22-2012 at 06:52 AM

thanks so much for the help.

Pescador - 5-23-2012 at 07:23 AM

You can also fly Vuelos De Guerrero Negro if you are looking for a little faster trip. They fly from Palo Verde airport to Guaymas daily. The office is in the ferry terminal in Santa Rosalia.