BajaNomad

Markers in the desert between Vizcaino and

rts551 - 6-1-2012 at 10:18 AM

San Ignacio. Apparently for the Baja 100 this year. It will by pass San Ignacio proper and come out on the hwy to the Lagoon. No HWY.

DENNIS - 6-1-2012 at 10:23 AM

I've been seeing more race car/crew activity around here the last few days than I have in the recent past. Hope that's an omen of positive change in the making.

ZOOMZOOM

[Edited on 6-1-2012 by DENNIS]

woody with a view - 6-1-2012 at 10:35 AM

flying in from San Clemente Island yesterday i heard a couple of plane heading for ensenada. must be racers?

bufeo - 6-1-2012 at 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
San Ignacio. Apparently for the Baja 100 this year. It will by pass San Ignacio proper and come out on the hwy to the Lagoon. No HWY.

If you mean the Baja 1000, that's not until the fall. Don't think any course has been discussed for that race yet. The Baja 500 is this weekend, but any racer near those marks would be waaaaaayyyyyy off course.

Allen R

P.S. Then, again, you may be talking about some race about which I know nothing. If so, I sit corrected.

[Edited on 6-1-2012 by bufeo]

David K - 6-1-2012 at 06:37 PM

The 500 is tomorrow... the 1000 is in November... local races (Baja 100?) all year long...

late April/5 weeks ago

Mulegena - 6-2-2012 at 06:22 AM

There were lots of buggies and support vehicles on the highway. I think someone mentioned it as the Baja Norte race. Perhaps this?

David K - 6-2-2012 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
There were lots of buggies and support vehicles on the highway. I think someone mentioned it as the Baja Norte race. Perhaps this?

The Baja 500 is TODAY. All of it is north of Colonet.

Markers in the desert

bajaguy - 6-2-2012 at 08:31 AM

Route markers for......Zombies!!!!! :lol:

Mulegena - 6-2-2012 at 08:36 AM

TODAY. yes, I understand that, thank you.
However, the markers may have been there for some time; don't know. AND we were driving southbound late April and interacted with numerous buggies jammin' it south, too. We met up some of the support team as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena

The Baja 500 is TODAY. All of it is north of Colonet.

rts551 - 6-17-2012 at 04:11 PM

It is for the 1000 in November. Because of the approval process (they have not been this way in many years) they are marking this section now, According to some government officials they would like to go out to Asuncion and down the coast but some towns and the Biosphere are objecting.

Quote:
Originally posted by bufeo
Quote:
Originally posted by rts551

If you mean the Baja 1000, that's not until the fall. Don't think any course has been discussed for that race yet. The Baja 500 is this weekend, but any racer near those marks would be waaaaaayyyyyy off course.

Allen R

P.S. Then, again, you may be talking about some race about which I know nothing. If so, I sit corrected.

[Edited on 6-1-2012 by bufeo]

bufeo - 6-17-2012 at 04:49 PM

Good on ya', rts, for this info. That makes sense now. Many folks don't realize how much prep on the part of SCORE (Sal Fish et al) goes into organizing a point to point race of this caliber.

Your research has given all of us arm-chair off-road racers a "heads up". Thanks for doing so.

Allen R

TMW - 6-18-2012 at 10:30 AM

For personal reasons I hope they run the 1000 down the pacific side similar to the 2007 race instead of the San Felipe side. Sorry Bufeo.