BajaNomad

6/2 Border to Guerrero Negro

acadist - 6-2-2012 at 06:25 PM

Crossed at 7:30 am. Ride was great, road almost all the way in great shape, once past San Quetin (sp) it was almost empty most of the day. 2 pretty rough areas south of Catavina, about 1-2 miles of gravel north of Jesus Maria but much better than it was in November. Only omg moment was just coming into Catavina, was behind a semi and about to pass when it blew a tire, if I had been directly behind rather than moving over would have been hit by the shrapnel. On to La Paz tomorrow.

MexicoTed - 6-2-2012 at 06:29 PM

Acadist,

How long was the drive to GN? What time did you get in?

acadist - 6-2-2012 at 08:26 PM

Crossed the border at 7:30 am, arrived at GN about 6 pm, 5 if you don't include the time change. That includes lunch in SQ and rock climbing and cactus hugging by Catavina.

woody with a view - 6-3-2012 at 09:16 AM

where did you eat in SQ? i'm having withdrawls....

Bajahowodd - 6-3-2012 at 04:07 PM

Geez. That stretch North of Jesus Maria has been under construction for well over a year. What gives? I know there was a change of contractors...but.

And the rough areas you mention South of Catavina remind me that we went through there last October and they were just finishing up repaving for many miles. We went through there in March and an amazing amount of the "new" pavement was either already potholed, or was patched poorly. Just seems to me that there must be some sweetheart deals between the officials responsible and the crappy contractors.

acadist - 6-4-2012 at 02:46 PM

Hey Woody!