BajaNomad

good so far

EdZeranski - 6-2-2012 at 07:29 PM

Only two days left in Baja before we head back North, been a good couple of weeks. Our early morning TJ crossing was effortless and the drive went well too. There was road construction, but no real problem, above Guerrero Negro then a major dig on the grade into Santa Rosalia with some street work in town. Several of the military check points have closed too, at least for now. Our first night was in LA Bay checking out a friends place for them and dropping off a fridge. Everything was OK except their 115hp 4cycle Yamaha outboard had stripped of parts. I took pictures to send when I could get a wireless hookup. At least who took the parts did not vandalize the motor. After that we went to La Bocanna to drop off some things for Baja Blanca and Les. Originally I'd planned to spend time there but Bonnie really wanted to get to Loreto so we had a brief flyby. We've spent the last 9 days in Loreto at Iguana Inn with daily kayak excursions and one day yellowtail fishing in a friend's panga. Roberto lives in Colonia Zaragosa, been fishing with that family for years so I get a break on the daily panga price.
Bonnie brought "Guapo" the longhaired doxie we found in Guerrero Negro last year. Its been interesting watching him react to being back in Mexico. He doesn't trust Mexican men or kids, probably from being abused when he was abandoned on the streets. He does remember fresh tortillas!
So...all in all a good trip with plans to be back in October-November and maybe a short trip squeezed in between and hopefully with my Mexican Ham ticket..

EdZ