BajaNomad

Lenguado (halibut) time again in Asuncion!

shari - 6-10-2012 at 02:14 PM

I sure love halibut season as it's one of my favorite eating fish and is fun to catch off the beach here in town.

Here is Surfdoc Stanibuns with his firt butt of the season...a real beauty! beat that Woody!

Stan comes running into Redmesa's casa in his sexy hip waders and had the nerve to interrupt the Stanley Cup Playoffs babbling something about a fish...sheesh!!! GO Devils...jejejeje

[Edited on 6-10-2012 by shari]

Cypress - 6-10-2012 at 02:46 PM

Those halibut are hard to beat! Fried, broiled, stuffed, grilled.....and???;D

shari - 6-10-2012 at 03:00 PM

tonight we will have to make do with the lovely calicos that fellow Nomad GC of Punta Banda fame...caught today. Three fishermen caught their limits of calico with Capt. Juan at the helm...I'm about to pop them in the oven...all nice and stuffed...dinner anyone?

Udo - 6-10-2012 at 03:04 PM

Wish we were there, Shari!

Just bought some Copper River Salmon from Costco. They got them in two days ago.

Our fresh halibut filets we ate last week, and bought them at Santa Monica Sea Food Market.

Wish we were there with you all!

Skipjack Joe - 6-10-2012 at 03:13 PM

I just bought a halibut fillet at $19 a pound. Can you believe that? Yes, it was fresh, but not as good as the ones we caught right in front of our camper in baja.

Fishmagician - 6-10-2012 at 03:31 PM

Very nice fish. I've never taken on from the surf, but did some good ones from a boat

woody with a view - 6-10-2012 at 03:51 PM

good work Stan. that ones a keeper!

oh, im going out to SCI next week so i'm zeroing in on the butts!

Ateo - 6-10-2012 at 04:43 PM

How about these two guys??? The good old days in Alaska......

GC - 6-12-2012 at 07:26 AM

He was proud of that halibut! Thank you for your hospitality and for Juan putting me on the Calicos, he is always great to fish with. It was fun to have an impromptu dinner with your friends and rescued lady. She was deposited safely at the bus depot in Vizaino. Until next time.

shari - 6-12-2012 at 08:26 AM

thanks for that George and for the scrumptious calicos that fed us all...we're finishing the last of it today! see ya in the fall amigo.