BajaNomad

SOME DANDYS

vseasport - 6-10-2012 at 05:32 PM

SOME DANDYS!
This week the main East Cape action moved to the buoys about 15 miles off of Punta Pescadro where quality sized dorado have taken center stage. In recent years I can't remember when boats have been able to consistently catch this grade of fish. Lots of smaller schoolie sized fish are being caught as well but when the big dog bites hang on to your hat.

The marlin have moved to the same area but the bite has been a little inconsistent. One day they are up and the next day it's a no show

The Sea of Cortez never ceases to amaze me and something is always on the prowl. Because of off colored water and crazy currents yellowfin have not made their normal, predictable showing in numbers but dorado have taken up the slack. The dorado not only make good table fare but provide a great photo opportunity as well.

Below are some dandys we captured this week.

For frequent East Cape updates "like" www.facebook.com/JenWrenSportfishing

Mark Rayor
teamjenwren.com
markrayor.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/JenWrenSportfishing
US cell 310 308 5841

Bajaboy - 6-10-2012 at 05:34 PM

nice:spingrin:

cliffh - 6-11-2012 at 07:12 AM

great pics senor Markos

Cypress - 6-11-2012 at 07:16 AM

vseasport, Thanks! Keep the pics and reports coming.:bounce:

Udo - 6-11-2012 at 07:16 AM

Hey, Mark...what are you using for lure/bait?

REALLY great photos. I especially like the third one!

Thanks for sharing.

vseasport - 6-11-2012 at 08:47 AM

A little bit of everything for bait. Most of the grandes are coming on camisetas but sometimes the horalitos are working. The smaller fish will hit chunks or small frozen flying fish.

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
Hey, Mark...what are you using for lure/bait?

REALLY great photos. I especially like the third one!

Thanks for sharing.

AmoPescar - 6-11-2012 at 10:12 AM

Really COOL pics!!!

Thanks for sharing them. Brings good memories to mind. Sweet fish! ...I love catching thos big ones! I never get tired of watching their acrobatics.

Miguelamo :yes: :D :yes: :biggrin:

I love the action photos

Fishmagician - 6-11-2012 at 10:31 AM

Great photographs vseasport!!! Dorado make for some spectacular show at the end of your line. Your photo oportuniity wasn't missed.:yes::yes:

Were they taken on bait, if so what, or lures?

[Edited on 6-11-2012 by Fishmagician]

vseasport - 6-11-2012 at 01:55 PM

Straight live bait for the larger fish. Pilot fish are best but with a lot of effort and casting we have got them going on horalitos (green jack). Making the pilot fish aka camisetas has been key. The buoys are being hit hard by the whole fleet and with that trolling a lure by the buoy where dodos are sighted has not been effective.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fishmagician
Great photographs vseasport!!! Dorado make for some spectacular show at the end of your line. Your photo oportuniity wasn't missed.:yes::yes:

Were they taken on bait, if so what, or lures?