BajaNomad

Quick Trip To Ensenada

Ateo - 6-25-2012 at 06:39 PM

Saturday morning: brown belt karate testing for my wife. She had been really locked in over the last month and I felt she would pass the testing criteria.

Didn't happen as we'd hoped. There's always next time!!

Not 10 minutes after this bitter defeat I said, "Ya wanna got to Ensenada?" She said, "Yes".

20 minutes later we we're heading southbound on I-5.

After the first toll booth, all was forgotten about the morning..........

The Coronados:

Anyone know what this building is nowadays? Looks like a hip club, but I never get enough time to snoop around.......

We stayed at the Estero Beach Hotel (thanks soulpatch) and it was awesome. Loved the 60's-70's (?) architecture.....

The pool was great and per soulpatch's recommendation I got a cadillac margarita for my wife and I. Outstanding!

Cool museum next door -- and some cool succulents and cactus as well:

We went looking for a new colorful sink but the store DianaT recommended was closed (Sunday at 11:30AM).

We headed to Rosarito and picked up some killer pottery and ate a quick lunch.

The old Russian spy house at the top of the hill in TJ:

Then headed to the TJ border for our 3.5 hour wait in the Ready lane............Not a good way to end a trip, but I guess it was time to pay for all the fun we had the last 24 hours.

Viva Baja!

[Edited on 6-26-2012 by ateo]

Ken Cooke - 6-25-2012 at 06:44 PM

Great photography!

Ateo - 6-25-2012 at 06:51 PM

Ken,

Just looked at that Coronado Island shot and it's really too dark. It was taken while going 70mph thru the tinted windows of the passenger seat!

wessongroup - 6-25-2012 at 06:53 PM

Thanks, enjoyed how ya guy's just "took off" used to be the best way to go ... :):)

Ken Cooke - 6-25-2012 at 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ateo
Ken,

Just looked at that Coronado Island shot and it's really too dark. It was taken while going 70mph thru the tinted windows of the passenger seat!

I figured it was due to the plug-ins used with your software.
Good to hear you got to ride passenger -
You get to see much more when not having to drive.

BAJACAT - 6-25-2012 at 07:02 PM

ATEO, don't use SY port of entry they are to slow, I did 45 minutes in Otay Mesa , I went to the Wine country,,to buy some bottles.. Otay is way faster that SY..IMHO
cool pix, tell your wife that next time she will get her brown belt.. i be careful of what you say to her when she gets it, if you know what I mean.:biggrin::biggrin:

Ateo - 6-25-2012 at 07:27 PM

Yeah, I'm thing of never using SY again unless it's midnight. Seriously tired of it.....

Yeah, the wife will get that brown belt and yes, she can pretty much kick my burro these days.
:)

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
ATEO, don't use SY port of entry they are to slow, I did 45 minutes in Otay Mesa , I went to the Wine country,,to buy some bottles.. Otay is way faster that SY..IMHO
cool pix, tell your wife that next time she will get her brown belt.. i be careful of what you say to her when she gets it, if you know what I mean.:biggrin::biggrin:
;D;D

Ateo - 6-25-2012 at 07:30 PM

Totally. I don't get to be that spontaneous much these days. I remember once heading to Ensenada at 7pm on a whim.

Rented a hotel, then later decided after an argument with the person i was with to just head home at 4am.

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Thanks, enjoyed how ya guy's just "took off" used to be the best way to go ... :):)

Cisco - 6-25-2012 at 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ateo
Yeah, I'm thing of never using SY again unless it's midnight. Seriously tired of it.....

Yeah, the wife will get that brown belt and yes, she can pretty much kick my burro these days.
:)

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
;D;D

SY seems to be a crap shoot.

Coming up from Juan and Shari's two months ago it was four minutes crossing time total in the ready lane. Tuesday or Wednesday night between ten and 11:00 PM.

woody with a view - 6-26-2012 at 07:54 AM

:lol:3.5 hours:lol:sorry:lol:couldn't help myself:lol:

Ateo - 6-26-2012 at 08:11 AM

Cisco and Woody, yeah, my mistake for taking on the border at 4pm Sunday. I think next time I'll extend my stay in Baja till about 10pm, then head for the border.