BajaNomad

Borderline Crazy

Cisco - 6-29-2012 at 07:49 PM

The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to support an omnibus bill that would waive environmental legislation like the Endangered Species Act, the Wilderness Act and the Clean Water Act and transfer full control of a 100-mile-wide strip of land along the United States’ northern and southern boundaries to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

The so-called National Security and Federal Land Protection Act (HR 1505) was rolled into the larger Republican-backed Conservation and Economic Growth Act (HR 2578), which passed by a margin of 232 to 188 on June 19.

http://www.canoekayak.com/uncategorized/borderline-crazy/

bill

captkw - 6-29-2012 at 07:54 PM

Good bye america!! you were the greatest for over 200 years

Cisco - 6-30-2012 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw

Tragic, yet beautifully said Bill.

I am beginning to think that we may have fenced ourselves in.

motoged - 6-30-2012 at 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cisco
Quote:

Tragic, yet beautifully said Bill.

I am beginning to think that we may have fenced ourselves in.

Yes, it is a shame.....:(

DianaT - 6-30-2012 at 10:58 AM

From the article --- interesting

Quote:

The Sierra Club Scott Nicol describes border security as a “convenient Trojan horse” to eliminate environmental impediments to development. “The irony is that the Border Patrol has not asked for the power to ignore environmental laws but instead has sent officials to testify against the bill in Congress,” says Nicol. “Environmental laws have nothing to do with our economic crisis, but the bad economy provides cover for efforts to repeal or rewrite them…Waiving environmental laws would not make our nation any safer.”

But there is hope that it will be stopped in the Senate!

Thanks for posting this--

J.P. - 6-30-2012 at 11:02 AM

Quote:

They will put enough (Graft) Pork on they will buy it:fire::fire:

Cisco - 6-30-2012 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
From the article --- interesting

Quote:

The Sierra Club Scott Nicol describes border security as a “convenient Trojan horse” to eliminate environmental impediments to development. “The irony is that the Border Patrol has not asked for the power to ignore environmental laws but instead has sent officials to testify against the bill in Congress,” says Nicol. “Environmental laws have nothing to do with our economic crisis, but the bad economy provides cover for efforts to repeal or rewrite them…Waiving environmental laws would not make our nation any safer.”

Thanks for responding Diana. Wish I were down at Town Beach, or, better yet, at San Roque with friends and food. Envy you.

Doubt that it will be stopped in the Senate. Back in January, 40,000 new laws went into effect all over America. The politicians continue to hit us with wave after wave of regulations and laws with no end in sight.

All of this is making America a very unpleasant place in which to live.

DianaT - 6-30-2012 at 11:56 AM

Cisco,
Right now we have returned stateside, but we will be back in BA soon and that is always a good thing for us.

I guess I have been sleeping while in Baja and did not know about this HR 2578 and HR 1505 so I did a little research --- OMG-- the article you linked to only addresses PART of the disaster these bills are! While it is not much, I have signed one petition so far, written both my Senators, shared petition and websites on facebook and still searching.

OK, if I only had something like a blind Super Pac, that would be good, or at least enough money to hand out some of the pork J.P mentioned...........

Cypress - 6-30-2012 at 12:05 PM

No sweat, We're gonna kick all those leftie idiots to the curb in Nov.

Cisco - 6-30-2012 at 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT

I guess I have been sleeping while in Baja and did not know about this HR 2578 and HR 1505 so I did a little research --- OMG-- the article you linked to only addresses PART of the disaster these bills are! While it is not much, I have signed one petition so far, written both my Senators, shared petition and websites on facebook and still searching.

You Go Girl!!!

There is no way unless we were on it all the time to figure out which bills are attached to what generally emotion laden legislation that is directly contrary to our wants and needs. Thus it is passed and then we become aware of it.

Very confusing, which I believe is done on purpose to confound us. Sad.

captkw - 6-30-2012 at 12:08 PM

Quote:

DianaT - 6-30-2012 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
No sweat, We're gonna kick all those leftie idiots to the curb in Nov.

??? Look at who voted for this disaster. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/112-2012/h387

Cisco --- yes, I believe they are made confusing on purpose--- on both sides of the aisle! It is all about the money.