BajaNomad

Asuncion Fishing Report

shari - 7-16-2012 at 10:48 AM

Hip Hip Hooray....the yellowtail are here to stay!

After a couple of sort of lame fishing seasons, everyone is abuzz with high hopes for this year. The yellowtail have shown up over a month early and seem to be consistent.

Even with a big swell all week, many people caught decent size fish close to town. Yesterday Juan got to fish for fun with David in his new ride....the decks were christened with the first yellowtail blood of the season.

Shore fishing for halibut and corvina has been hampered by the big south swell hammering away at our town beach.
Everyone is waiting for pismo clams to start washing up. Net boats are getting lots and lots of lenguado

Speaking of things washing up...Surfdoc Stan found a fresh dorado on the beach yesterday that had the stomack bit out of it by a sea lion...oh goodie goodie...maybe the dorado fishery will be plentiful this year.

We celebrated fresh yellowtail with sashimi, seared YT and David's butterflied cutlets on the BBQ...fabuloso!

[Edited on 7-16-2012 by shari]

tiotomasbcs - 7-16-2012 at 11:08 AM

Beautiful Asuncion. The weather is great all summer and the fishing is Outta Sight!:spingrin: You could tie a line to a tin can and catch fish?! My best to all and good fishing! See you in late summer. Smiles. Tio

Timo1 - 7-16-2012 at 11:10 AM

David is a YT magnet !!!

dtbushpilot - 7-16-2012 at 04:36 PM

A yellowtail whisperer....

Udo - 7-16-2012 at 04:53 PM

What did he use for a lure?

Nan&D - 7-16-2012 at 05:03 PM

Hey Timo1,
If you're not too busy,
I could really use some help down here!
D

ps, bring green x-raps.

woody with a view - 7-16-2012 at 06:26 PM

sounds like a plan in the making!

thebajarunner - 7-16-2012 at 06:29 PM

Couple years ago Shari hooked us up with a local on his day off,
took about six of us out and we caught "white fish" like I have never experienced

The catch was of "Biblical proportions"

Awesome memory
my best day, ever, of fishing