BajaNomad

My Angel in Heaven

Sallysouth - 7-23-2012 at 06:58 PM

Juanita passed away this morning.It has been a very hard day for us all, but my family is strong and full of love.I will post some pics of Juanita tomorrow.She was an amazing woman, and had such a full life.The little girls are doing pretty good, but the dad is taking them to Cabo soon and I don't know when I will get to see them again.My heart aches, but I know Nita is no longer in pain.Abrazos, Sally

Lindalou - 7-23-2012 at 07:00 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

Ateo - 7-23-2012 at 07:02 PM

Sallysouth, so sorry to hear of your loss. From your posts it sounds like the world has lost a good one. Again, only the best to you and your family. I hope for solace for you and yours.

DENNIS - 7-23-2012 at 07:08 PM

this absolutely breaks my heart, Sally. i wish i knew what to say.
stay strong. i'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

DavidE - 7-23-2012 at 07:21 PM

Deepest and most heartfelt condolences Sally. I read all of your reports. Of all the soothing words I have ever heard the one I appreciate the most would read:

"God needed Juanita so badly he couldn't wait"

bajario - 7-23-2012 at 07:24 PM

At a loss for words.

So, So Sorry Sally.

Bob H - 7-23-2012 at 07:33 PM

Sally, so very sorry to hear this. She must have been a great person to know!

sd - 7-23-2012 at 07:43 PM

Sally,

I was fortunate to meet Juanita, yourself and family. I am sorry Juanita passed. She showed incredible spirit during her battle with this disease we all hate. She was too young, and I feel so sad the girls have lost their loving mother.

Take care of yourselves during this difficult time.

Scot

thebajarunner - 7-23-2012 at 07:57 PM

Lo siento, mucho

But, God is still on His throne
and Heaven awaits those who are faithful to His call.

Blessings,

jbcoug - 7-23-2012 at 07:59 PM

My deepest sympathy. She gave it all she had. A terrible loss for her family.

John

tripledigitken - 7-23-2012 at 08:28 PM

Very sorry for your loss. What an admirable mother and care giver you are.

Ken

[Edited on 7-24-2012 by tripledigitken]

vacaenbaja - 7-23-2012 at 08:32 PM

We are all but a memory until we meet again. Hold Juanita
in your memory, until you meet again.

Natalie Ann - 7-23-2012 at 08:33 PM

I am so sorry for your loss, Sally.
Over time may you find comfort within the memories of her special light.

Nena

BornFisher - 7-23-2012 at 09:25 PM

So sorry for you and your family. Heart aches here too.

Paula - 7-23-2012 at 09:26 PM

Sally, I am just so sorry.

I've followed Juanita's story for a long time now, and I've admired the hope your family has kept, and the way you have all tried for a miracle, and I've appreciated her amazing spirit through your words. I can't imagine your sadness at this time, and I think that no one should have to experience the passing of a child. I am just so sorry, and I ache for you.

Ken Bondy - 7-23-2012 at 09:43 PM

I am so very sorry Sally. She will live on in the memories of all of you who loved her.

toneart - 7-23-2012 at 10:23 PM

Sally,

My heart goes out to you and your family during this difficult time. Thank you for sharing with us what a wonderful spirit that is Juanita.

-Tony

Eli - 7-24-2012 at 03:47 AM

It's been a long haul for Y'all.
Now it is time to rest.
Because of your sharing, Juanita's strong spirit embraces many hearts and in that sense she surly lives on.
Celebrate her life every chance you get and she will always be with you.
Sara

KASHEYDOG - 7-24-2012 at 06:04 AM

Sally, I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news. Please give my condolences to your entire family, especially her daughters and her husband.

To Those I Love

If I should ever leave you, whom I love,
to go along the Silent Way, grieve not,
Nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk
of me as if I were beside you, for
Who knows,... but that I shall be oftentimes?

I'd come, I'd come, could I but find a way!
But would not tears and grief be barriers?
And when you hear a song I used to sing.
Or see a bird I loved, let not the thought of me
be sad,..for I am loving you just as I always have.

You were so good to me ...
So many things I wanted still to do...
So many, many things to say to you...
Remember that I did not fear ...
It was just leaving you I could not bear ..

We cannot see Beyond ...
But this I know;
I loved you so --
'twas heaven here with you!

[Edited on 7-24-12 by KASHEYDOG]

woody with a view - 7-24-2012 at 06:05 AM

Sorry for your loss! Be strong.

oladulce - 7-24-2012 at 06:26 AM

Thinking of you Sally.

Skipjack Joe - 7-24-2012 at 06:50 AM

May she finally rest in peace.

She isn't gone Sally. For years whenever your grandchildren come to visit you you will see her in their faces and in their mannerisms. And you will wonder at how much they are like Juanita's.

BajaGringo - 7-24-2012 at 07:11 AM

I am so very, very sorry Sally. I know that no words can possibly dull the pain right now. All I can do is express my sorrow and send you a big, warm hug in support. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers...

shari - 7-24-2012 at 07:25 AM

I echo the lovely sentiments of our nomad friends Sally....touched by your sharing of pain...sorrowed by your loss...and I send you fortitude to carry on your life with gusto. Your daughter is well loved and remembered and as Don Jorje says...she will fly among us again...she is not gone, just in a new place free of pain and politics.

bacquito - 7-24-2012 at 09:13 AM

I'm sorry, she was so young. Your family sounds strong and so you will pull through this-her girls need this.
Do plenty of crying, mourning- it will help.

BajaBlanca - 7-24-2012 at 11:28 AM

so sorry for your loss and so glad she is no longer in pain. bye Juanita, whom I never had the pleasure of meeting.

Mulegena - 7-24-2012 at 11:49 AM

Blessings of comfort are yours, dear family.
My condolences to you all.
Peace and healing.

TMW - 7-24-2012 at 12:17 PM

So sorry to hear this, our condolences to you and your family. May she be in a better place, God speed.

rhintransit - 7-24-2012 at 05:19 PM

my thoughts are with you, the family, and all who loved Juanita.

BAJACAT - 7-26-2012 at 09:31 PM

Rest in peace Juanita,sorry for your loss Sally, don't be sad , one day we will be reuniated with our love ones, that had left before us...our prayers are with you and the girls..

zforbes - 7-27-2012 at 07:57 AM

Dear Sally, I send support and care for you and your family as you go through the following weeks. It's been a long haul and you must be very tired. Take the time to rest and heal yourself. Zoe

vgabndo - 7-27-2012 at 11:23 AM

I am continually amazed by cyber-communities. I don't know you, and I never met your daughter. Yesterday I learned that one of my closest friends is terminally ill (a terrible form of ALS), he has maybe a year. He's younger than me and was one of the courageous early AIDS doctors. I'm devastated and yet I know I've cried more tears for you and your family than for Jim and his.

Human connection to people drives me (us?) and your family and your ceaseless struggle has touched more lives than you can know.

I wish you peace and understanding.

bajamedic - 7-27-2012 at 02:18 PM

Sally, I keep going back to this thread while looking for the words that might ease your pain just a little, but they just don't come. My thoughts and prayers have been with you throughout this event. JH

jeans - 7-29-2012 at 08:53 PM

OH....What a heartbreaking ordeal you have been through.
Rest now.... knowing that Juanita is now free of worry or pain.

Sallysouth - 7-31-2012 at 04:02 PM

I want to thank you all again for your heartfelt words of kindness and consolation.You have no idea how much it has helped me this last week.KASHEY's poem is now on Facebook via Juanitas sister, Maalaea.Don Jorge was speaking of our last visit to the farm with my G-daughters.They were chasing butterflies and looking for ladybugs and inchworms!Unfortunatly, Juanitas estranged husband has sent the girls back to Mexico and none of us know when or if we will see them again.They begged me to kidnap them!! I have such a huge hole in my heart.I have my two other amazing daughters close by and we have been spending a lot of time together.That has really helped.We are trying to put together a celebration of Juanitas life .I will let you know when if anyone would like to join us.Abrazos, Sally

David K - 8-1-2012 at 12:15 AM

Our hearts beat stronger together in your time of loss... Sharing this with us on Nomad, I hope has helped to provide some strength for you Sally.

I met your beautiful girls at my Viva Baja event, ten years ago... God now has a most beautiful angel and your grand children will be watched over and loved from afar.

If I can do anything to help, you know how to reach us... You are not alone.

Bedman - 8-1-2012 at 11:38 PM

Our deepest sympathies in the loss of your daughter. We met only a handful of times, all of them warm and friendly.

Perhaps David K would post some of my Viva Baja photos of those wonderful encounters.

As always,

Steve and Emma

DavidE - 8-2-2012 at 08:31 AM

My grand kids told me "Think happy thoughts about grandma (other side of the family). They go straight to heaven".

I had to pretend I suddenly had an allergy attack.

Best wishes Sally

David K - 8-2-2012 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bedman
Our deepest sympathies in the loss of your daughter. We met only a handful of times, all of them warm and friendly.

Perhaps David K would post some of my Viva Baja photos of those wonderful encounters.

As always,

Steve and Emma

Viva Baja #3 (Feb. 2002): http://www.vivabaja.com/vivabaja3/

Viva Baja #4 (Feb., 2003): http://www.vivabaja.com/vivabaja4/