BajaNomad

A real Baja dog

thebajarunner - 7-26-2012 at 04:35 PM

OK folks, stand back
I think I finally got it,
Picasa and I and all of you that helped,
is this coming through????

I took this shot outside the Santa Maria Restarante in San Quintin in March,
Then I saw CaptKW avatar and sort of put two and two together and it added up to = Baja Pooch

Let me know if this works,

And see, Captain, it ain't that tough
just took me two days to make it work

whew!!!

BAJA RUNNER

captkw - 7-26-2012 at 04:59 PM

HOLA, YEP THATS MY GIRL!! GETS HER PIC TAKEN ALLLL DAY LONG !! NOW ,IF I WHERE A SMART FELLOW,,I'D PUT A SIGN ON THE DOOR "5 BUCK'S A PIC" AND WOULD NOT HAVE TO WORK ANY MORE..HER NAME IS TASHA..A BAJA PUREBREED !! ..I'M A LITTLE BUSY THIS TIME OF YEAR,BUT HAVE ALL WINTER TO LEARN HOW TO POST..HECK, I DID MY AVATAR AND THAT ONLY MADE ME BALD !! LOL IF I TRYED RIGHT NOW ON POSTING PICS THIS LAPTOP IS GOING FLYING WITH OUT A USB/TETHER..THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND I GET A BANG OUT OF HER MAKEING PEOPLES DAY WITH SHADES...MY LIL TASHA...K & T :cool:

[Edited on 7-27-2012 by captkw]

DavidE - 7-26-2012 at 05:43 PM

IMHO there is no more loyal dog than an adopted Mexican pooch. They know and they appreciate falling into high clover.

A-FIRM ON THAT !!

captkw - 7-26-2012 at 05:48 PM

SHE'S MY FORTH BAJA RESCUE AND 3RD WITH THE SHADES !! AND ALL 4 OF THEM HAVE/WERE/ARE TRUELY AWESOME SPIRITS !! I HAVE BEEN BLESSED BY THE GODS..K & T :cool:

Bob H - 7-26-2012 at 10:13 PM

That's a GREAT photo!!

zzzxxx - 7-26-2012 at 10:46 PM

This is also a REAL Baja dog, she just looks too pretty

Martin Verdugos, she always love looking out over the beach!

Punta Pescadora. Smells good, good snorkling, and good burgers!!

Her true love, they loved each other. Libby passed away this past April.

zzzxxx - 7-26-2012 at 11:00 PM

Libby is the woman, Bogue is the dog. Libby passed away April 13. I miss her so much.

Jack

Mulegena - 7-27-2012 at 09:21 AM

My deep condolences for your loss, Jack.
May you find peace and understanding.
Welcome to Baja Nomad, btw.

If there's solace perhaps you'll find it in the heart of your loving, very special Baja dog.

My precious Baja doggie Suzi-Q has been the one constant in my life these years, years of personal turmoil. She's been with my since we met in the aftermath of Hurricane John here in Mulege.

DavidE - 7-27-2012 at 10:30 AM

The greatest of condolences. I'll bet Suzi-Q felt a big loss as well zzzxxx.

Loretana - 7-27-2012 at 11:05 AM

ZZZXXX...
Thank you for a very sweet and endearing post. Your ladies are precious.
Welcome to the BN Forum.

baja purebreed

captkw - 7-27-2012 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner

OK folks, stand back

Then I saw CaptKW avatar and sort of put two and two together and it added up to = Baja Pooch

whew!!!

Loretana - 7-27-2012 at 11:20 AM

Captkw
Are those custom shades? Doggles?
Where can I get a pair? Tasha sure looks hot in those!

safety glasses

captkw - 7-27-2012 at 11:47 AM

STIHL CHAIN SAW GLASSES!! they give to me at cost at a stihl dealer here in santa cruz..and I'll post a better pic down the road..depending on where Im at on a given day she gets her pic taken up to 75 times a day!! and has made the local paper once that I know of...and folks have almost driven off the road laughing !!! makes folks smile all day long..its a hoot going anywhere !! never a boring day!! K& the famous LIL TASHA:cool: PS..NOT A BETTER PIC BUT ONE THATS SHOWS HER RESTING ON THE MIRROR OR WINDOW SILL..MORE LIKE A STRAIGHT FACE SHOT!!

[Edited on 7-29-2012 by captkw]

Loretana - 7-27-2012 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
STIHL CHAIN SAW GLASSES!! they give to me at cost at a stihl dealer here in santa cruz..and I'll post a better pic down the road..depending on where Im at on a given day she gets her pic taken up to 75 times a day!! and has made the local paper once that I know of...and folks have almost driven off the road laughing !!! makes folks smile all day long..its a hoot going anywhere !! never a boring day!! K& the famous LIL TASHA:cool:

Lil Tasha looks like she really enjoys wearing her shades.
I had to get serious with Chazz to get him to pose wearing my Serengetis......the minute I start laughing he shakes them off! :dudette:

DENNIS - 7-27-2012 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zzzxxx
Libby is the woman, Bogue is the dog. Libby passed away April 13. I miss her so much.

Jack

My condolences, Jack. Whatever the cause, she was too young .
Keep a good eye on Bogue. He'll forever be a link to Libby's spirit.

Mulegena - 7-27-2012 at 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
The greatest of condolences. I'll bet Suzi-Q felt a big loss as well zzzxxx.
To clarify a minor point, David. My Suzi-girl is a native-born Mulegino,
rough-tough and gorgeous Baja Dog.

She never met Bogus or his/her beloved person April.
However, she has a canny sense of goodness about her,
she can "read hearts" I like to think, and I'm sure would have loved both lady and dog.

laratena

captkw - 7-27-2012 at 06:27 PM

HOLA, very,very few.. if any. dogs will wear shades with the style and flair of TASHA!! you have to see it in person and I'm not bragging!! but this dog is COOL !! K & T:cool: baja dogs ROCK!!!

[Edited on 7-28-2012 by captkw]

bajadogs - 7-27-2012 at 10:55 PM

Hey ZZZXXX,
That always sucks to lose such a close friend.

Back to the Bajarunner topic:
As far as what is deemed to be a "real" Baja dog...
I don't see many real Baja dogs wearing sunglasses, let alone collars and tags. Cool dog that's for sure, but not a typical Baja dog. He's the 1%. :lol:

bajadogs - 7-27-2012 at 11:05 PM

I have lots of pix of the 99%

baja dogs

captkw - 7-28-2012 at 07:27 AM

HOLA,SHE does not have tags,chip or stinking licsense!!! never will but she is fixed,healthy and as all my baja dogs with me 24/7 and I park so I can see her at all times and anything I do is with her in mind !! were a team!!!................. K & T:cool:

Strap?

thebajarunner - 7-28-2012 at 01:38 PM

Quote:
STIHL CHAIN SAW GLASSES!! they give to me at cost at a stihl dealer here in santa cruz..and I'll post a better pic down the road..depending on where Im at on a given day she gets her pic taken up to 75 times a day!! and has made the local paper once that I know of...and folks have almost driven off the road laughing !!! makes folks smile all day long..its a hoot going anywhere !! never a boring day!! K& the famous LIL TASHA:cool:

When I snapped this pic you had just come out of the restarante, probably to make sure our gang was not stealing your pooch.
You adjusted her specs and I thought that there was a strap on the back, but I do not see it in my foto, and maybe it was my imagination...

by the by, still waiting for you to post pics:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BAJA RUNNER

captkw - 7-28-2012 at 02:26 PM

HOLA,THANKS FOR THE POST AND NICE PIC!! YES I KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON HER AS SHE LOVE FOLKS AND THEY COME UP TO HER ALL DAY AND I WILL NOT LOSE HER!! THERE IS A STRAP AND SHE CAN TAKE THEM OFF ANY TIME SHE WANTS BUT SHE USALLY WEARS THEM TILL THE SUN GETS LOW THEN SHE SHAKES HER HEAD AND THEY GO FLYING !!LOL I REMEMBER THE RESTRAUNT AS THE WAITRESS WAS A LOOKER AND TASHA WAS GETTING HER PIC TAKEN BY EVERYONE...WHERE YOU WITH THE LARGE GROUP HEADING NORTH????WITH THE BIG,FANCY CAMARA?....K & T:cool: PS DONT STAND UP WAITING FOR ME TO POST PICS !! ITS BOATS SEASON AND IM A BUSY!!!!

Large group is an understatement

thebajarunner - 7-28-2012 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
HOLA,THANKS FOR THE POST AND NICE PIC!! YES I KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON HER AS SHE LOVE FOLKS AND THEY COME UP TO HER ALL DAY AND I WILL NOT LOSE HER!! THERE IS A STRAP AND SHE CAN TAKE THEM OFF ANY TIME SHE WANTS BUT SHE USALLY WEARS THEM TILL THE SUN GETS LOW THEN SHE SHAKES HER HEAD AND THEY GO FLYING !!LOL I REMEMBER THE RESTRAUNT AS THE WAITRESS WAS A LOOKER AND TASHA WAS GETTING HER PIC TAKEN BY EVERYONE...WHERE YOU WITH THE LARGE GROUP HEADING NORTH????WITH THE BIG,FANCY CAMARA?....K & T:cool: PS DONT STAND UP WAITING FOR ME TO POST PICS !! ITS BOATS SEASON AND IM A BUSY!!!!

There were 14 of us this year, in 6 rigs, including a big tin boat with a big Merc on the back
Probably at least a half dozen cameras caught Tasha, of course my pic was the best:yes::yes:

Anyway it was good to meet her, and you albeit just for a flash,
and, if you think the "boat excuse" is getting you out of learning how to post pix, well I am outing you right here,
get with it, Bubba, if I can post 'em you can post 'em.

THE BAJA RUNNER

captkw - 7-28-2012 at 10:26 PM

HOLA,FUNNY.. THE WHITE LAB IN THE THE YARD HAS THAT NAME "BUBBA" IM ADDRESSED OTHERWISE AND NO HARM TAKEN !! RIGHT NOW IS THE BEST FLATTLE BITE IN MANY YEARS AND THE ALBES JUST STARTED ABOUT 35NM OUT AND THE PHONE IS A RINGING..BUT I DO REMEMBER YOUR LARGE POSSE WHEN YOU ALL TOOK HER PIC !!AND DID YOU NOTE THAT I ALWAYS GET FRONT DOOR PARKING!! I SWEAR ON MY DECEASED DOG SPRITS,,, I GET FRONT ROW/DOOR PARKING ALL MY LIFE..FOLKS COMENT ABOUT THE FACT ALL THE TIME..GUESS GOOD KARMA HAS SOME BENNIES..AND THANKS FOR POSTING HER PIC,,SHE HAS TOUCHED 1000'S OF FOLKS EVERY WEEK AND DESERVES A BAJA NOMADS THREAD !!K&T

JZ - 7-29-2012 at 08:29 AM

Our new rescue dog. She is about 5 and we've had her for 3 weeks now.

[Edited on 7-29-2012 by JZ]

DENNIS - 7-29-2012 at 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
Our new rescue dog. She is about 5 and we've had her for 3 weeks now.

She's a beauty. A big SALUD to you on the rescue, JZ.

jbcoug - 7-29-2012 at 09:05 AM

Lucky you and your new dog!

John

DavidE - 7-29-2012 at 10:52 AM

The look of ecstasy on a rescued dog is priceless. Thanks for the images.

Neal Johns - 7-29-2012 at 11:06 AM

Good dogs all.

Barry A. - 7-29-2012 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neal Johns
Good dogs all.

I have been bitten by a few-----mostly very small ankle-biters, thank Thor!!! It seems that some dogs automatically don't like uniforms. No bites since I took mine off, tho. Still, I am nervous around canines, and my wife is too. They sure look great, tho. A great dane bit me once at a friends house-----cost me about $2,500------over 300 plastic surgery stitches to my face, and sewing my ear back on. Dog was very old and grouchy, but very big. I never knew what hit me since it was pitch black in that room----I tripped over him while she slept---woke up fast tho, and bang, she got me.

I had a combi Husky/Ger. Shepard once------incredibly smart and good dog. A semi near Ridgecrest took her out one night, as we were stopped along 395 for a "pit stop". I guess the driver thought she was a coyote-----and she sure looked like one. I miss that dog to this day------her name was TARA. Never had a dog since, and that was 35 years ago.

Barry

willyAirstream - 7-29-2012 at 03:36 PM

tasha's nephew, Flan, is available for adaption. He is about a year old. Full recovered now, but has been hit by a car, broken leg, run over by a quad, and had phenmonia, been kidnapped etc etc. Great dog, tons of energy, loves the water and kids.

and here is Flan

[Edited on 7-29-2012 by willyAirstream]

THANK YOU

captkw - 7-29-2012 at 07:12 PM

THATS A GOOD LOOKING DOG TOO!! COOL EYES AND EARS.. PS..GOD I LOOK LIKE HELL FIRST THING IN THE MORN !! LOL:lol: THANK GOD THE FISH CANT SEE ME..I WOULD NEVER CATCH ONE...K&T:cool:PPS..JZ,GOOD ON YOU!! AND THE DOG TOO..YOUR BE HAPPY,HAPPY..THEY DONT FORGET..MYSELF CAN NOT UNDERSTAND SOME FOLKS BUYING A DOG..SORTA BEYOUND MY SMALL MIND..K&T:cool:

[Edited on 7-30-2012 by captkw]

Mateo-Feo - 8-2-2012 at 06:05 PM

My boy LOVES Baja, and doubles as an insurance policy. Dog in Baja is such a +.

awesome!!

captkw - 8-2-2012 at 06:49 PM

THAT COOL LIVE SHOT...NAME ?.....K&T:cool:

Mateo-Feo - 8-3-2012 at 06:26 AM

That's Mar. K&T?

Mateo-Feo - 8-3-2012 at 06:57 AM

NVMD I realized you do that after every post

NVMD ????

captkw - 8-24-2012 at 10:25 PM

HOLA ,,,REACHING BACK..I GUESS I'LL PUNCH IN NVMD...OHH!! ......NEVER MIND...GOD ..IM..SLOW ON THIS NEW FORM OF COMM'S.............

Not a real Baja dog

durrelllrobert - 8-25-2012 at 10:59 AM

Some doges just translate baja wrong. A real Baja dog is always on top :lol::lol:

robert

captkw - 8-25-2012 at 01:51 PM

HOLA< was hoping to get some more baja dogs on this post !! but that takes the cake..LOL:cool:

dorado50 - 8-25-2012 at 03:02 PM

Born in san lucas cove area a year ago,rescued near a dump site(about three months old)... 100% baja b-tch!! Shes a keeper! I call her "RioRita"

Mula - 8-25-2012 at 03:24 PM

She's gorgeous!

NICE KEEPER

captkw - 8-25-2012 at 05:14 PM

AND ALSO VERY MUCH LIKE MINE..DAMN GOTTA TAKE THE TIME TO LEARN POIC POSTING !! MANNANA K&T

Any new Baja dogs

captkw - 1-19-2014 at 11:43 AM

Like the old saying...." smoke um if you got um" any new rescues ???

Barbareno - 1-19-2014 at 04:10 PM

Not a rescue dog but a Baja dog through and through. Just picked her up a couple of days ago.

Meet Little Miss Molly.....Tim finally has a lap dog.

CP - 1-19-2014 at 06:30 PM

I guess that a 'rescue dog' is what we used to call adopting a stray. I think of rescue dogs as those awesome trained people-finder dogs.

We adopted a most fantastic Baja stray eight years ago and though from the Pacific side she must be a cousin of RioRita as they share so many features including the right ear flag! Best dog/friend ever.

EnsenadaDr - 1-19-2014 at 06:33 PM

looks more like an east LA dog with those shades, those dudes from east LA are some handsome looking fellas!!
Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner

OK folks, stand back

whew!!!

DoC

captkw - 1-19-2014 at 06:44 PM

Hola,,Her name is Tasha and is simply a amazing ,smart !!!! no barking ,non digging,, non chewing.... perfect Lil LADY !! DID I MENTION SMART ??...K&T:cool:

EnsenadaDr - 1-19-2014 at 06:50 PM

well shoot with that picture nothing else is more evident than she is smart!!

dreaming about baja

captkw - 12-23-2014 at 04:40 PM

yes,doc smart !! and very famous