BajaNomad

Yellowtail bite is ON in Asuncion

shari - 7-28-2012 at 06:27 PM

All the fishers are stoked that the yellowtail are here over a month early and in good numbers. The last few days Juan has fished and gotten limits easily and left the fish still biting. Finally the weather smartened up...calm seas and winds, good visibility and lots of fish everywhere.

Juan's abalone partner's family came out and had a great time reelin in the tails all morning.

It was David's lucky day a couple days ago... here is the fish family...

and this is what they were eating...no wonder they like that green rapala

jakecard - 7-28-2012 at 06:45 PM

:wow:

dtbushpilot - 7-28-2012 at 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jakecard

:wow:

Now that's a fine......yellowtail..:bounce::bounce:

shari - 7-28-2012 at 07:11 PM

jejeje...eat your heart out dude

here is one for Stanibuns.... Fatima was thrilled to catch her first yellowtail...looked good on her eh!

luv2fish - 7-28-2012 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari

here is one for Stanibuns.... Fatima was thrilled to catch her first yellowtail...looked good on her eh!

looked good on her eh!
She sure does. The fish looks good also. Those are some mighty big, round eyes on that fish.:lol::lol:

woody with a view - 7-28-2012 at 07:46 PM

Quote:

a candidate for Ms. Emersom if ever there was!!!! :wow:

shari - 7-28-2012 at 08:03 PM

hey woody...paul boe and shelley will be here on the 10th to get here in time for the surf competition...maybe a shore fishing duel shaping up? lots of halibut now

woody with a view - 7-28-2012 at 08:07 PM

i have a week off from san clemente island in august due to militarty ops/no rooms for us construction pukes! i think it is the week of the 23rd, but can't really remember. i'll nail it down monday and make our rez's.........

BornFisher - 7-28-2012 at 08:11 PM

I bet 5 minutes after Stan reads this, he is heading south!!! Shari-- you`re cruel!!
Oh.. Congrats on the YT`s, great news!!

Bajaboy - 7-28-2012 at 08:22 PM

I thought Stan's fish of choice was red snapper:?:

woody with a view - 7-28-2012 at 08:30 PM

:light::lol::biggrin::yes:

you say that like yours (and mine) are something else....

Bajaboy - 7-28-2012 at 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
:light::lol::biggrin::yes:

you say that like yours (and mine) are something else....

tuna:saint:

woody with a view - 7-28-2012 at 08:35 PM

sashimi, brah!

Bob H - 7-28-2012 at 08:52 PM

GREAT Pics..........

dtbushpilot - 7-28-2012 at 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by luv2fish
Quote:

looked good on her eh!
She sure does. The fish looks good also. Those are some mighty big, round eyes on that fish.:lol::lol:

And she has a great pair of..... strong arms to hold that heavy fish.:o:o

Skipjack Joe - 7-28-2012 at 10:10 PM

Mamacita !

NICE !!!!!!

captkw - 7-28-2012 at 10:12 PM

AINT NOTHING WRONG WITH......................BIG FISH!!

[Edited on 7-29-2012 by captkw]

tiotomasbcs - 7-29-2012 at 11:00 AM

Very nice chimichangas! Shari sure knows how to post fishing fotos to get us excited, no?!:spingrin: Maybe she could serve as a deck hand? Tuna Snapper discovered in BA. Naughty boyz! Tio

capt. mike - 7-29-2012 at 11:30 AM

does the co-op cannery can those there? where is a good place to get canned YT? wonder if they'll ship?
Had some years ago from Beach Bob of BOLA man it was so good but he made his own.

shari - 7-29-2012 at 11:39 AM

HOla Mike...yes, the local coop does can yellowtail, both natural and smoked...it is wonderful!

bigmike58 - 7-29-2012 at 11:51 AM

Shari, is there a boat ramp in BA or is it beach launch? Stupid question, but I've never been to BA and was thinking of fishing there for a few day's on the way back from Mulege mid Aug. thx

vgabndo - 7-29-2012 at 12:28 PM

The Co-op in La Bocana sells really good canned Yellowtail, both marinated and smoked. I'm sure the BA product would be equally good. I like to make a dip of the smoked variety using a 50/50 mix of Mayo and Crema with salsa Casera to taste.:bounce: Yum

Ateo - 7-29-2012 at 12:32 PM

I'll be purchasing a few cans next week!

Mmm mmm....

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
The Co-op in La Bocana sells really good canned Yellowtail, both marinated and smoked. I'm sure the BA product would be equally good. I like to make a dip of the smoked variety using a 50/50 mix of Mayo and Crema with salsa Casera to taste.:bounce: Yum

woody with a view - 7-29-2012 at 01:52 PM

Quote:
The Co-op in La Bocana sells really good canned Yellowtail, both marinated and smoked.

it is interstingly delishis!:light:

shari - 7-29-2012 at 02:15 PM

there is no paved boat ramp but lots of people put their boats in at 4 different spots depending on the swell direction...it is not for the faint of heart or inexperienced launcher.

The other issue right now is bringing your trailer over those enormous pot holes in the road from Vizcaino to the Asuncion turnoff...one can easily damage a trailer or boat if you drive too fast on them...but the road is being resurfaced now but may take a few weeks more to finish depending on how extensive a job they do....some people leave their boat at Kadekaman trailer park or Olivias Hotel across from the pemex...

It is advisable and common practice to just get a panga here the first time you come...fish with Juan as the local guides know all the hot spots and what to throw at those yellowtail and see first hand where and how the boats are launched and beached....it would be great to meet you so stop by for a cold one if you come in.

[Edited on 7-29-2012 by shari]

bigmike58 - 7-29-2012 at 03:28 PM

Quote:
there is no paved boat ramp but lots of people put their boats in at 4 different spots depending on the swell direction...it is not for the faint of heart or inexperienced launcher.

The other issue right now is bringing your trailer over those enormous pot holes in the road from Vizcaino to the Asuncion turnoff...one can easily damage a trailer or boat if you drive too fast on them...but the road is being resurfaced now but may take a few weeks more to finish depending on how extensive a job they do....some people leave their boat at Kadekaman trailer park or Olivias Hotel across from the pemex...

It is advisable and common practice to just get a panga here the first time you come...fish with Juan as the local guides know all the hot spots and what to throw at those yellowtail and see first hand where and how the boats are launched and beached....it would be great to meet you so stop by for a cold one if you come in.

[Edited on 7-29-2012 by shari]

I was thinking of hiring Juan and taking his panga and our cc since I will probably have my family (4), and 5 people in anything under 35' is way to crowded for me. We would like to fish in BA and San Quintin (any recomendation) on our way home, weather permiting. If it's rough the two girls will go and Jake and myself will eat tacos all day in town.

We would enjoy a cold one as long as it warms up on the pacific side..If not, I'll have a coffee!! I'll shoot you a u2u a couple of days before we head over. thx

woody with a view - 7-29-2012 at 03:34 PM

forget san q. head for bahia LA.

luv2fish - 11-16-2012 at 11:18 PM

Quote:

Do they ship ?? Or better yet somebody coming north Ill get ya some gas $$$$$$$.

shari - 11-17-2012 at 05:51 AM

You can buy it in several stores in Vizcaino too like the big upermarket Sotres right on the highway in the middle of town, so someone driving up can pick you up a few cans or let me know where you live and maybe some of our guests can bring you back some too.

luv2fish - 11-17-2012 at 08:59 AM

Quote:
You can buy it in several stores in Vizcaino too like the big upermarket Sotres right on the highway in the middle of town, so someone driving up can pick you up a few cans or let me know where you live and maybe some of our guests can bring you back some too.

Thank you Shari, I have a friend that travels from Ensenada Northbound bimonthly. Could you possibly get me some to Ensenada ?? If you have a paypal account I can forward you some cash. Let me know and I'll u2u Thanks

eguillermo - 12-1-2012 at 01:27 PM

Wow, looks like some great fish being caught!!

And on 11/17 you were thinking they were early -- what's really the expected time to get them? Would you expect yellowtail fishing to be good through Christmas, into January?

I know it's impossible to predict for sure . . . but there are usually seasons (and I have no idea about them for BA :(

shari - 12-1-2012 at 02:09 PM

the yellowtail fishing is still real fine over the Christmas holidays and even some big butt home guard fish into February. We start seeing some yellowtail in mid August at the earliest but different areas around here have fish at different times of the season. This week, Juan got a few 30 pounders and we anticipate bigger fish in December.