BajaNomad

Worth Bringing Organic Beefsteak Tomatoes To Mulege Tomorrow?

DavidE - 8-2-2012 at 06:16 PM

Time to share

To be given away as gifts..

Organic means nothing has ever touched plant or fruit except water. No insects or pests.

But I would hate to haul 6 pounds of beefsteaks when I could just as easily give them away to folks here. Locals have had an open invite to my garden bounty.

Saludos

Lindalou - 8-2-2012 at 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Time to share

To be given away as gifts..

Organic means nothing has ever touched plant or fruit except water. No insects or pests.

But I would hate to haul 6 pounds of beefsteaks when I could just as easily give them away to folks here. Locals have had an open invite to my garden bounty.

Saludos
Hey, come to Punta Banda or meet us at Sharkeys and you will have a bunch of people that would really appreciate those tomatoes. Think of all the free drinks you would get. You would not be able to drive on.:lol:

DavidE - 8-2-2012 at 07:36 PM

My days of drink have passed me and left me in the dust. I can have an occasional beer (singular), but even my precious "Tuba" fermented palm juice topped with peanuts* is a fond memory. 'Tis the price of gaining endless memories and fondness for nostalgia. Age, medications, skull and crossbones.

But it's the thought that counts! Thank you!

*http://www.aquaticsportsadventures.com/Articles/Food/Tuba/Tuba.html

shari - 8-2-2012 at 07:38 PM

what about your neighbors who brought your meds? might be a nice reciprocal gesture....or your cleaning ladies?

acadist - 8-2-2012 at 07:41 PM

Nice to know the hose has been used well!

[Edited on 8-3-2012 by acadist]

DavidE - 8-2-2012 at 08:17 PM

"Locals have had an open invite to my garden bounty"

Lots of tomatoes Shari, you know that. The neighbors that brought me the medicine were led to the tomatoes 10 feet from the front door and invited to raid the garden any time no catches. Why hasn't anyone shown up? The neighbors said clearly "maybe later". When someone tells me something I'd like to think they mean it. Hilda and Roberto loved the tomatoes. It's not a one shot deal, there are a ton of tomatoes on the way. Hilda yelped "Help!" when I loaded her down the other day.

Yes the black seeded simpson lettuce is healthy and really starting to grow fast Shari. You expressed "dibbs" on perhaps the sweetest lettuce on the face of the earth so you are booked. I guess you liked the very first tomato off those vines? I hope it was OK.

Dave, you have got to know that without that hose none of this would have been possible. And the new hoe and tine rake that was brought down. Friends that jump through hoops to help should know that their efforts have paid off. That's why I am posting news about the garden. Like Obama said "You didn't do it alone" :-)

The green and purple stalks of Kandy corn are maturing. You haven't had corn on the cob until biting into sweet corn like this. Seed from corn country USA.

The idaho baker potatoes are coming along. One looks like it is going to go .7 kilo, maybe more. The cantaloupe won't come in until sometime in November, nor would the irish potatoes. I'd bet those would have been 2 kilo melons. I grew melons in Michoacan the size of a basketball and the biggest sandia went 27 kilos.

My secret is to go out in the morning with a cup of steaming coffee, shake my cane at the garden and yell "GROW! You @#$%^&^%!!"

Mulegena - 8-2-2012 at 08:40 PM

Oh, what a lovely offer, so let me think...YES!

I'd love some of those "@#$%^&^%!!" tomato rascals!!

Mula - 8-3-2012 at 06:36 AM

We discovered with our huge garden in San Nicolas, people don't come to help harvest. You have to pick, wash, bag and deliver. . . then people are happy to have the results of your total efforts.

Needless to say, the garden is much, much smaller and the animals have a little variety in their diets.

shari - 8-3-2012 at 07:28 AM

Oh I cant wait to taste real corn! I'll be over for some lettuce when I'm in the barrio...I bet the folks in the tent next door would like some tomatoes...all of us here are giving away tomatoes too....I am freezing tomato sauce for Sirena's pizzas she'll be serving starting next week...Maria...you will love los tomates!

and Mula is absolutely right about folks wouldnt think about garden raiding round here...except me maybe.

[Edited on 8-3-2012 by shari]

woody with a view - 8-3-2012 at 07:47 AM

i agree. it is much more personal if you pick and hand deliver or call someone over with your megaphone! :lol: