BajaNomad

She's hooked on Baja!

shari - 8-4-2012 at 08:06 AM

a nomad newbie's daughter is totally and hopelessly hooked on Baja! Emer is having the vacation of a lifetime and at the tender age of 5 has told her parents they can just leave her here when they return NOB. It happened fast...her first quesadilla at Loncheria Mari sealed her fate of being baja crazy forever.

It was a jovial dinner and Tomas, who is a huge U2 fan posed with "Bono" who is from Ireland...he agreed to let me post his photo as long as he doesn't have to sign any more autographs. It's his first time to Baja too and his Irish blood mixes well with mexican beer!

the hamburgers were great and I had my favorite grilled fresh halibut...yummy

she's been at a different beach every day, boogie boarding, building castles, playing with the kids & dogs and helping me in the garden.

Hangin with the local kids has inspired her to learn more spanish and she realized language doesnt matter when it comes to making amigos.

Today's events are shrimp tacos for brunch...a baseball game and a carne asada at Galeria Bahia...whew...gonna need a nap.

[Edited on 8-4-2012 by shari]

Eli - 8-4-2012 at 08:31 AM

Great photos Shari. I was 7 years old the first time my Dad brought me to Baja. I remember sitting on the beach with the sand between my toes thinking this is where I want to spend the rest of my life. That opinion has never changed in all these years.

Mula - 8-4-2012 at 10:48 AM

I was 8 years old the first time to Mazatlan -Hotel Playa Mazatlan in 1956.

Mexico stays with you your whole life!

BajaBlanca - 8-4-2012 at 10:56 AM

such a good post ! Baja in her blood forever now !

Cypress - 8-4-2012 at 11:22 AM

Hooked on Baja!:biggrin:

shari - 8-4-2012 at 03:35 PM

we had some new converts to shrimp taco day today...some Loreto folks and Emer's parents...who joined us locals at Don Ramon's.

Tio David taught her how to ride a quad...important skill these days in baja.

Udo - 8-4-2012 at 06:01 PM

I wish I had been 5 when I first went to Baja...but @ that time i was living my life in Caracas, Venezuela. It's about the same as Baja. except for the rain and humidity (lots of both in Venezuela).

mooose29 - 8-4-2012 at 07:51 PM

7 or 8 when my Mom first started taking me down to Baja. Been in my blood ever since.