BajaNomad

Baha Nomad vs. Bajamas Nomad

bryanmckenzie - 8-5-2012 at 01:04 PM

Hmmmmm???

I just had a great idea for a new website & forums. No wheels required. Choose: (1) rudder; (2) wings.

It's "BC" no matter how you cut it: Bahamas Commonwealth or Bahamas, Caribbean.

Who wants to sign up as User #1 ???

[Edited on 2012-8-5 by bryanmckenzie]

bryanmckenzie - 8-5-2012 at 05:20 PM

What?!?! It's been 5 hours. And I haven't gotten any funny replies? Snide comments? Or geographic observations. :?::O:(

EnsenadaDr - 8-5-2012 at 05:27 PM

I think because partly no one got your Mnemonics. It should be Baha Mas, not with a J, that signifies baja or Mexico. I for one love the Bahamas, I have been there several times. Although the humidity and the mosquitoes can be troublesome, I have been to Eleuthera, Bimini and Abacos...and would love to return when I get to that neck of the woods..and after all, this is a Mexican based Baja forum so I gather no one is interested in the Bahamas if they are posting or reading here for the moment.

willardguy - 8-5-2012 at 05:33 PM

uh, reread the heading:light:

BornFisher - 8-5-2012 at 05:33 PM

Looks like they may have named some of those towns before sunscreen was invented!!!

willardguy - 8-5-2012 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BornFisher
Looks like they may have named some of those towns before sunscreen was invented!!!
just north of rum cay:lol::lol::lol:

EnsenadaDr - 8-5-2012 at 05:40 PM

Alot of olde English names...i remember seeing signs that many of English royalty had been in Eleuthera...

bryanmckenzie - 8-5-2012 at 05:59 PM

Thanks, (I don't even know your name). You're probably right on. Some attempts at humor simply don't work. And geography is what this website is all about. If you find yourself in or near Florida, get in contact with me. I'd love to hear about (or go to) the BAJAmas. I really like David K's mnemonics.

-Bryan

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I think because partly no one got your Mnemonics. It should be Baha Mas, not with a J, that signifies baja or Mexico. I for one love the Bahamas, I have been there several times. Although the humidity and the mosquitoes can be troublesome, I have been to Eleuthera, Bimini and Abacos...and would love to return when I get to that neck of the woods..and after all, this is a Mexican based Baja forum so I gather no one is interested in the Bahamas if they are posting or reading here for the moment.

thebajarunner - 8-5-2012 at 06:02 PM

I didn't respond because, to me, the Bahamas are just about the crummiest place I have ever spent a few days.

Could not wait to escape,
"no joy" in that place IMO

Marc - 8-5-2012 at 06:26 PM

I have a way cool story concerning the Bahamas. But no time now. Maybe later.:cool::cool::cool:

EnsenadaDr - 8-5-2012 at 06:32 PM

Wow the Bahamas are the coolest place around!! Sorry Bajarunner you don't like them, probably cause you hate humidity. But humidity is good for your skin, it hydrates everything. And the water is so clear and warm...!!

durrelllrobert - 8-5-2012 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bryanmckenzie
What?!?! It's been 5 hours. And I haven't gotten any funny replies? Snide comments? Or geographic observations. :?::O:(

My Spanish Direct translator gives thes 3 English results for Baja Mas. Which one applies in Florida?:
Results From Translators
Spanish to English
low
Low more
it goes down more

UMMM Bob...you forgot the obvious...!!!

EnsenadaDr - 8-5-2012 at 06:49 PM

Baja Mas...MORE BAJA!!! By the way, how's Debbie??
Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:
Originally posted by bryanmckenzie

My Spanish Direct translator gives thes 3 English results for Baja Mas. Which one applies in Florida?:
Results From Translators
Spanish to English
low
Low more
it goes down more

EnsenadaDr - 8-5-2012 at 09:41 PM

wow that place is magical....i love it...

Stickers - 8-5-2012 at 11:57 PM

Never been there BUT if I was anywhere near Florida I would be all over the Bahamas. Either by boat or seaplane.
Seems there are enough islands to find whatever adventures you're after.
I would love to do it in a fast catamaran!

watizname - 8-6-2012 at 07:22 AM

Tried the Florida thing a few years ago. My uncle told me, "You'll be back". It's true, you will too. Nothing compares to Baja. :coolup: