BajaNomad

Bahia Asuncion Town Festivals

Bajaboy - 8-9-2012 at 07:32 PM

Once again, we won't be able to make it to the Festival next week. Just curious who is going? Where are you staying? What are you most excited for?

For those that have attended in the past, what was your favorite activity?

Have a great time....

Zac

shari - 8-9-2012 at 07:56 PM

the village is gearing up for the fiestas now...the streamers are up along the main street and at the church...roads & race circuits are being graded...accommodations are nearly all full...truckloads of beer are being unloaded and the mood is festive.

Saturday is the surf tournament and surfers from ensenada arrived today and have set up at Campo Sirena....with more to arrive from surrounding towns tomorrow. It is a wonderful family event with surf, music, food and fun.

My favorite fiesta event is the cabalgata and horse races...the dances are awesome too depending on what bands are playing. The Fiestas start on thursday and run till sunday.

woody with a view - 8-10-2012 at 07:48 AM

i've got to get down there soon!

shari - 8-10-2012 at 10:33 AM

it's neat there are events for every bodies taste..lots of horsey events like races, rodeo, cabalgata for the ranch lovers...and loud revving racing events for the fast n furious types, beach events for the sporty ones, religious events for the faithful, fishing for the fishers, midway for the kids, live bands for the dancers and music lovers, and of course a wide variety of food available for the party goers...most of the town ceases to work on these festival days so projects are put on hold for a bit for families to enjoy events together....here are some photos of past fiestas

Udo - 8-10-2012 at 05:22 PM

When we move into town, Shari, I'll bring a set of steel drums (Caribbean).
I'll see if I can practice on some mariachi music with them.

acadist - 8-10-2012 at 05:54 PM

jealous, it takes me two days to even get there:mad:

shari - 8-10-2012 at 07:58 PM

so pack the truck and leave tomorrow amigo...the kids would love it! I used to drive from Vancouver-GN in 38 hours...couldnt wait to get there.

Russ - 8-11-2012 at 06:48 AM

Monday :bounce:

Russ - 8-11-2012 at 06:52 AM

So tell me the the Viscaino to Bahia Asuncion turn off is smooth as a babys' bottom.... Please.

shari - 8-11-2012 at 08:04 AM

no such luck Russ...maybe for next year's fiestas! same old same old on the pothole scene for now.

woody with a view - 8-11-2012 at 11:17 AM

Russ, after the 3rd beer who cares?