BajaNomad

Cielito Lindo San Quintin no longer pet friendly

Porky Pig - 8-10-2012 at 01:40 PM

Pets are no longer allowed indoors at the bar/restaurant. They are still allowed on the patio. Pets are not allowed in the rooms (you may be able to get a management exception).
This new policy is due to several instances of unrully pets.
As is sometimes usual, those pet owners who do not manage their unrully pets ruin it for all of us.
Dave & Juanita

pets

captkw - 8-10-2012 at 01:41 PM

well said..sad but true.......

DavidE - 8-10-2012 at 02:23 PM

Even though I have no pet, I remember getting a giant slurp on the face by a neighbor's black lab at a hotel. I leaned over to pet him and he just couldn't hold back his exuberance for being a happy dog. After wiping, I went to breakfast with a smile.

tripledigitken - 8-10-2012 at 03:37 PM

Unless they have cleaned up the rooms, I wouldn't want my dog to stay there.

tripledig

captkw - 8-10-2012 at 03:42 PM

A-FRIM ON THAT !! I was sleeping in the camping area jan 17th and its is not the same place at all !! gonna miss the crab plate..miss,sobb......:lol:....K & T:cool:

[Edited on 8-10-2012 by captkw]

willardguy - 8-10-2012 at 03:51 PM

whoa! I was there a month ago and was pleased to see the place so well groomed, both the restaurant and the rooms/grounds!
how did you find it porky? that feels weird, uh mister pig? no that doesnt help!:lol:

willardguy - 8-10-2012 at 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
A-FRIM ON THAT !! I was sleeping in the camping area jan 17th and its is not the same place at all !! gonna miss the crab plate..miss,sobb......:lol:....K & T:cool:

[Edited on 8-10-2012 by captkw]
hey I dont get it, they still serve up the cracked crab plate. was the restaurant closed the day you were there? and yes, the camping area didnt get any love:(

henshaw - 8-11-2012 at 06:21 AM

I agree, pet owners are the problem not the pets! Low class pet owners screw it up for responsible people.

nbacc - 8-11-2012 at 06:31 AM

We were staying over at a pet friendly hotel and someone tied their dog to the faucet and went out to dinner..........water was coming out under the door and the dog was snarling and barking. The poor dog pulled it right out of the sink. No one had any idea where they went of course. Poor dog, poor hotel people and as it ended up poor dog owners (as in $). As far as I was concerned they deserved it,.........bad dog owners. Not good for the rest of us that travel with our pets and are responsible people, I really don't blame hotels/motels for not allowing pets.

WILLARDGUY

captkw - 8-11-2012 at 06:44 AM

HOLA,I had the crab plate..and It was good..but this next season I'll be staying somewhere else......K&T:cool:

Marc - 8-11-2012 at 08:53 AM

Good! I's getting harder to find "no pets allowed" motels.

desertcpl - 8-11-2012 at 09:01 AM

OMG no pets

I wont be able to sleep tonight

good call guys

capt. mike - 8-11-2012 at 10:45 AM

i am with WC Fields on the pet thang......hahahaha.
no pets.....no problems.

Lee - 8-11-2012 at 10:49 AM

All hotels/motels in Baja are pet friendly even if they say no pets.

I was confronted once and 100 pesos took care of that.

No pets means let's negotiate.

Mula - 8-11-2012 at 01:59 PM

El Encanto in San Jose is pet friendly. For $20 USD per pet. (not mentioned in their pet friendly literature. Thus was a shock.)

I love my yellow lab----- BUT.....

thebajarunner - 8-11-2012 at 02:39 PM

I have never taken a dog to a hotel/motel.
And if I knew that they had had dogs in my room I would refuse to stay.

Sorry, I hope no one reads this to Mali- she is very sensitive, she also knows that she does not get to stay in motels.

nbacc - 8-11-2012 at 04:35 PM

Some hotels have special rooms for people with pets. We have had good luck I guess as I could never tell if it had a pet in it. My dog probably could though. Ha. We don't go without him............he sleeps by the door and i sleep real well.

DENNIS - 8-11-2012 at 05:58 PM

My dog, LuLu, stays where I stay.

DENNIS & LULU

captkw - 8-11-2012 at 08:00 PM

SAME HERE !!

Bajaboy - 8-11-2012 at 08:11 PM

animals don't belong in hotels...period....if you disagree then I hope you don't mind if my horse was in your room the night before:spingrin:

willardguy - 8-11-2012 at 09:30 PM

follow the adventure.....:rolleyes:

Bajaboy - 8-11-2012 at 09:38 PM

under a bridge:light:

willardguy - 8-11-2012 at 09:41 PM

downtown. thats where I drew some blood.:cool:

Lee - 8-12-2012 at 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
animals don't belong in hotels...period....if you disagree then I hope you don't mind if my horse was in your room the night before:spingrin:

Not all horses are the same -- maybe they are. I know all dogs aren't the same. Or all dog owners.

If your horse was clean, didn't smell or shed hair, was quiet and trained, I'd have no problem with your horse.

But I certainly understand people thinking animals don't belong in hotels.

I'd like to think my hotel bed didn't have dogs sleeping in it. I guess some dog owners would think that's OK. I'd have a problem with that.

capt. mike - 8-12-2012 at 09:42 AM

Zac - you are too phunnie!!

mes1952 - 8-12-2012 at 11:46 AM

I live in a large pet-friendly property in Playas Rosarito and I must say that the majority of petowners who have unruly pets and don't pick up after them are the Mexicans rather than the Americans who are accustomed to living with pets in the U.S.

J.P. - 8-12-2012 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mes1952
I live in a large pet-friendly property in Playas Rosarito and I must say that the majority of petowners who have unruly pets and don't pick up after them are the Mexicans rather than the Americans who are accustomed to living with pets in the U.S.

I tire of hearing from newcomer's or guest . I really enjoy being in Baja Where My Pet Can Run Free.:?::?::fire::fire:

David K - 8-12-2012 at 12:13 PM

Why be so rude? Sounds like he is just expressing his findings, as have others here. No need to pick on noobs. Camping is great for pet owners, but who at a front desk can gauge how clean or flea free a dog is when a pet owner checks in at a motel?

J.P. - 8-12-2012 at 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Why be so rude? Sounds like he is just expressing his findings, as have others here. No need to pick on noobs. Camping is great for pet owners, but who at a front desk can gauge how clean or flea free a dog is when a pet owner checks in at a motel?

In your informed opinion do you tkink it's ok for people to let thier pets run loose and disrespect other's property.Or is that being RUDE.:?::?:

[Edited on 8-12-2012 by J.P.]

David K - 8-12-2012 at 12:36 PM

No, not at all okay... Pet owners can be as rude as non-pet owners.

J.P. - 8-12-2012 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
No, not at all okay... Pet owners can be as rude as non-pet owners.

Thats the truth, we have two dogs I love both of them but I dont expect others to feel the same way When we travel and thats often we usually travel in our rv or pay for them to be boarded I will not force my pets on someone that doesnt feel the same way I do about them.:yes::yes:

David K - 8-12-2012 at 01:12 PM

Good on you! I am a former big dog owner, and now the happy owner of two cats... They are house cats, but will never be motel cats.

Tbone - 8-13-2012 at 06:45 AM

Cielito Lindo is a great place if you want to be alone. I went by there the end of June and there wasn't anyone there, not 1 person. Ended up at the old Mill & Don Eddies, good time.

desertcpl - 8-13-2012 at 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tbone
Cielito Lindo is a great place if you want to be alone. I went by there the end of June and there wasn't anyone there, not 1 person. Ended up at the old Mill & Don Eddies, good time.

did you see any dogs?? :?::?::?:

shari - 8-13-2012 at 07:23 AM

to pet or not to pet is an important issue with people who offer accommodations....I'd guess that probably more than half our visitors have dogs...at least one and many bring two. In this poor economy, it's tough to turn away clients for any reason but most dont want to pay any extra for their pet even though cleaning a room or house after dogs have stayed there takes double the time and effort and it's really really hard to get every hair out of everything and yes...many... if not most people allow their dogs on the furniture....including the bed. I like it when folks bring their own dog beds!

I have "doggie sheets" and ask renters to please use them on the furniture.
We have kept some of our accommodation options pet free for those who are allergic or dont want a room where dogs have slept.

Some of our guests have sweet little non shedding dogs and some have slobbery big dogs who shed like crazy....ni modo...but I think it would be lovely if people OFFERED to pay a little extra to the cleaning lady.:light:

Sprocket - 8-13-2012 at 10:21 AM

We never have a problem getting a room. She kennel trained and loves to travel. A bonus of traveling Baja with her is we never spend more than 30sec at the military inspections.

Tbone - 8-13-2012 at 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
Quote:
Originally posted by Tbone

did you see any dogs?? :?::?::?:

Not a one.

tripledigitken - 8-13-2012 at 10:40 AM

Beautiful dobie Sprocket!

desertcpl - 8-13-2012 at 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprocket
We never have a problem getting a room. She kennel trained and loves to travel. A bonus of traveling Baja with her is we never spend more than 30sec at the military inspections.

I guess you wouldnt spend much time,, what a beatuiful dog
and I like the fact she is kennel trained, now that makes so much more since when traveling with pets

Barbareno - 8-13-2012 at 11:19 AM

After spending all day long frolicking on the beach....

My boss's thought they could leave me alone in a hotel room for 15 mintues....

I still had way too much energy as a baja puppy. I'm a good boy now :saint:

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 8-13-2012 at 12:02 PM

looks like he's very pacified now after his tecate !!!

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Lee - 8-13-2012 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
....... it's tough to turn away clients for any reason but most dont want to pay any extra for their pet even though cleaning a room or house after dogs have stayed there takes double the time and effort and it's really really hard to get every hair out of everything and yes...many... if not most people allow their dogs on the furniture....including the bed. I like it when folks bring their own dog beds!

Shari -- it's OK to have House Rules.

How's this for starters: get a damage deposit up front -- if the room is left clean, deposit returned. If extra cleaning, charge them for it. No more than 2 pets. Pets not allowed on furniture or bed. If it looks like dogs have taken advantage of House Rules, charge them for extra cleaning. Tell people in advance, if you can, dogs must have their own beds.

A responsible dog owner would have no problems with these rules. I wouldn't. It's OK to put a line in the sand. If you're losing money because of extra cleaning, you might want to rethink things.

windgrrl - 8-13-2012 at 08:33 PM

We're more than to happy pay a pet surcharge, happy to stay in the rooms designated for pets (usually they are close to an exit for obvious reasons) and we're all house trained. Our person in the form of a dog even has her own fold-up crate, bed and overnight bag. She loves the dog rooms...kind of like Disneyland for dogs.

And... we try to leave no trace and travel with paper towel and a giant COSTCO pack of sticky brushes.

Shari - I'm waiting for the "Dog Star" room, eh?

Now then, it's people transmitting bed bugs around the world. Harder to deal with that.

w

[Edited on 8-14-2012 by windgrrl]

dtbushpilot - 8-13-2012 at 09:04 PM

We always travel with our pocket dog Cacahuate, she has "people hair" and doesn't shed. We often travel with the boys Bob and Seth (cats) and they do shed. We tell them not to get on the furniture but the boys are defiant, especially when we are traveling. They are both de-clawed inside cats and are otherwise well behaved indoors. We bring sheets to cover all the furniture and a six pack of lint rollers to tidy up when we leave. We very much appreciate the places that accommodate us in our travels and never mind paying an extra fee for the pets.

larryC - 8-14-2012 at 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
HOLA,I had the crab plate..and It was good..but this next season I'll be staying somewhere else......K&T:cool:

The crab plates are available at Posada Don Diegos and every bit as good as Cielito Lindo, and pets are welcome there also.
Larry
Still wiping butter off my hands and face:tumble:

willardguy - 8-15-2012 at 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
We always travel with our pocket dog Cacahuate, she has "people hair" and doesn't shed. We often travel with the boys Bob and Seth (cats) and they do shed. We tell them not to get on the furniture but the boys are defiant, especially when we are traveling. They are both de-clawed inside cats and are otherwise well behaved indoors. We bring sheets to cover all the furniture and a six pack of lint rollers to tidy up when we leave. We very much appreciate the places that accommodate us in our travels and never mind paying an extra fee for the pets.
I wish I had cacahuate's hair, im tired of cleaning up after myself!:lol:

My dog will miss going to Cielito Lindo

bajachris - 8-15-2012 at 03:26 PM

My dog will miss playing pool at Cielito Lindo. I feel much safer traveling Baja with a dog. My dogs are always well behaved.

bajachris - 8-15-2012 at 03:54 PM

Was going to post a cool photo of my dog at the pool table Cielito Lindo, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to post a photo or reduce the size of my photo to post.

mtgoat666 - 8-15-2012 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Originally posted by shari
....... it's tough to turn away clients for any reason but most dont want to pay any extra for their pet even though cleaning a room or house after dogs have stayed there takes double the time and effort and it's really really hard to get every hair out of everything and yes...many... if not most people allow their dogs on the furniture....including the bed. I like it when folks bring their own dog beds!

Shari -- it's OK to have House Rules.

How's this for starters: get a damage deposit up front -- if the room is left clean, deposit returned. If extra cleaning, charge them for it. No more than 2 pets. Pets not allowed on furniture or bed. If it looks like dogs have taken advantage of House Rules, charge them for extra cleaning. Tell people in advance, if you can, dogs must have their own beds.

A responsible dog owner would have no problems with these rules. I wouldn't. It's OK to put a line in the sand. If you're losing money because of extra cleaning, you might want to rethink things.

the fee/inspection structure you propose for pets sounds like a lot of work for hotel manager. probably easier to ban pets, or provide a kennel in back for owners to crate their pets overnight..

David K - 8-15-2012 at 06:27 PM

The kennel idea is great for motels... IF they are sound proofed!