BajaNomad

An empty panga

DENNIS - 8-13-2012 at 06:40 PM

Doncha just know you were in the cross-hairs.

Bob H - 8-13-2012 at 06:46 PM

Did ya catch any fish?

Mateo-Feo - 8-13-2012 at 06:49 PM

Sketchy, Fish?

55steve - 8-13-2012 at 06:52 PM

Water was pretty nasty yesterday - never saw any kelp paddies and caught nothing. We managed a couple decent yellwtail on Saturday on a paddie around 30 miles SW of La Salina.

desertcpl - 8-13-2012 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 55steve
Water was pretty nasty yesterday - never saw any kelp paddies and caught nothing. We managed a couple decent yellwtail on Saturday on a paddie around 30 miles SW of La Salina.

you should heve checked out the Panga

maybe you could have caught some thing

like a buzz ,,,

I know that was bad,, i will go to my room

55steve - 8-13-2012 at 08:25 PM

I really wanted to check it out closer but seeing the larger boat in the distance made me hold my course.

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
Quote:

you should heve checked out the Panga

maybe you could have caught some thing

like a buzz ,,,

I know that was bad,, i will go to my room

bajario - 8-13-2012 at 09:18 PM

Curiosity killed the cat.

Marc - 8-13-2012 at 09:36 PM

I wouldn't be hanging either. I had a similar experience on land about ten years ago. Good way to get "popped".

capn.sharky - 8-14-2012 at 08:48 AM

Just got back from Loreto and had much the same experience on San Bruno Reef. Just a bundle all packaged up with a yacht nearby pulling away. Maybe a trap, huh. Trolled by it but didn't stop and when I left the area, the yacht returned.

CarlVon - 8-14-2012 at 09:22 AM

Square Grouper

Makes good brownies

DENNIS - 8-14-2012 at 09:31 AM

Quote:
About 1.5 miles west was a 'fishing vessel' of about 55' just sitting there. I headed south from there down to Todos Santos islands wanting no more of that scene...

Not sure the size of the awaiting vessel, but that seems to be the reported procedure....dope brought north on larger vessels and handed off to smaller vessels for the trip to shore and points north.
My guess is that the boat you saw was going to pick up the load.

Bob H - 8-14-2012 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
About 1.5 miles west was a 'fishing vessel' of about 55' just sitting there. I headed south from there down to Todos Santos islands wanting no more of that scene...

Not sure the size of the awaiting vessel, but that seems to be the reported procedure....dope brought north on larger vessels and handed off to smaller vessels for the trip to shore and points north.
My guess is that the boat you saw was going to pick up the load.

Yes, you are spot on. The bigger boat is called "The Mother Load"

DavidE - 8-14-2012 at 11:54 AM

If you got too close this is what you would have end up seeing:

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgW5Hgx...

[Edited on 8-14-2012 by DavidE]

55steve - 8-14-2012 at 01:23 PM

That's pretty much what the panga looked like.

Bob and Susan - 8-14-2012 at 03:13 PM

i would belive this if you had some pictures posted...everyone has a camera phone

55steve - 8-14-2012 at 03:41 PM

I actually don't have a camera phone - I do keep a camera in my boat but really didn't want to slow down and cause anyone to take notice of me.

I really don't care if you believe me - I know what I saw.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
i would belive this if you had some pictures posted...everyone has a camera phone

[Edited on 8-14-2012 by 55steve]

David K - 8-14-2012 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan

You would think we also would finally get some good UFO and close encounter photos!??!

QUETZALCOATL - 8-14-2012 at 04:27 PM

When I lived in Baja Malibu a guy would be on the beach pretending to fish in middle of night-a boat would make the drop and up the ario it went. I would sometimes go up in the hills and spotlight them just to get a rush-they would chase but I'm ex army and was always able to escape.However on a boat much more tricky- in my eyes you did right.

SEAWEED !!!!

captkw - 8-14-2012 at 05:37 PM

Curt63 - 8-14-2012 at 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlVon
Square Grouper

Makes good brownies

HA! :lol:

Bob and Susan - 8-14-2012 at 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by QUETZALCOATL
When I lived in Baja Malibu a guy would be on the beach pretending to fish in middle of night-a boat would make the drop and up the ario it went. I would sometimes go up in the hills and spotlight them just to get a rush-they would chase but I'm ex army and was always able to escape.However on a boat much more tricky- in my eyes you did right.

i'm SURE no pics from you either...geezzz

Bundles/bales--empty?

bajadave1 - 8-15-2012 at 03:20 AM

How can an "empty" panga be Full of bundles ???????????????
:spingrin::spingrin:

55steve - 8-15-2012 at 05:38 AM

Suppose I should have worded it better - No personas on board, just bundles...

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadave1
How can an "empty" panga be Full of bundles ???????????????
:spingrin::spingrin:

Bob and Susan - 8-15-2012 at 05:39 AM

without proof its just another "urban myth"