BajaNomad

Juanitas memorial/spreading ashes in April in SOC

Sallysouth - 8-13-2012 at 06:55 PM

Hi Nomads.We are finally getting back to life and living.What a horrific year it has been for my family.So now we are trying to plan a spring trip to Loreto, to spread her ashes where she wanted us to, off of Carmen.It was her favorite place.I have no idea how many of us will be going but I estimate at least 12 of us.I would love ideas from you guys as far as places or place to stay and transportation while we are there.Finances ARE an issue as many of us have put jobs and lives on hold this last 14 months to be with/care for Juanita,.Her Dad will be staying at Juncalito, has a palapa there, and is taking his panga so we will have that covered.If possible, most of us will be flying from Socal.I haven't been in 4 yrs so anything I should know about, please share!An update on flights and airline info would be appreciated also. Gracias again Nomads...Sally

bajario - 8-13-2012 at 07:51 PM

Shari,

We have a 25' center console boat there that can take some people out for you. Luis Torres (from Juncalito originally) knows the boat well and I can arrange to have him or someone take some of your group out. It's the least I could do to help.

You'll need more than a panga if all 12 make it.

I believe I saw your daughter a few years back in Puerto Escondido and Luis had told me the story of her and her husband living there doing fishing and hunting charters. I thought "how cool is that".

Feel free to contact me if interested.

Skipjack Joe - 8-13-2012 at 08:15 PM

I guess her heart has always been in baja. It's amazing what a pull that place has had on some of us. You can achieve many great things in a lifetime but you can't fool your heart. It knows where you belong.

Sallysouth - 8-14-2012 at 04:48 PM

Wow Thanks Bajario! We just might take you up on the offer!I have known the Torres' Family for a long time but nevere spent any quality time with them.Our family used Ramon Villalegos' expertise(long time ago!) and his panga back then.My Ex has a pretty large panga, think it is 22 ft, but who knows how many people will show up for this event?I will keep your contact info and when time gets closer, get ahold of you.Any ideas on lodging Nomads??Anyone have a beat up old car they can lend for town trips/Juncalito?Thanks again Bajario, very kind of you!! Sally