BajaNomad

Mexico Yacht Insurance

CarlVon - 8-15-2012 at 04:46 PM

A company called "TRANSPORTES TAKATA" is transporting my 38ft boat to Puerto Penasco on Saturday. I know Rocky Point is on the mainland side of the Sea of Cortez, but since San Felipe does not have a travel lift, Puerto Penasco was the closet port.
Do any of you Nomads, have experience or can recommend a Mexican Insurance company that provides reasonable coverage at an affordable price, I would appreciate any information.

fandango - 8-15-2012 at 05:11 PM

carlvon:
contact discover baja. they offer auto, home and boat insurance.
619.275.4225 or email at
ask at discoverbaja.com
(replace the word "at" with @)

CarlVon - 8-15-2012 at 05:41 PM

Thank you Fandago

CarlVon - 8-15-2012 at 05:44 PM

Woops Fandango not Fandago, :biggrin:

Jack Swords - 8-16-2012 at 06:11 AM

Our sailboat, which has lived in Marina de la Paz for the past 14 years, is insured through Vagabundos del Mar. Liability coverage is by a Mexican company, but through Vagabundos. Yes, we had a claim due to Hurricane Marty and it was resolved satisfactorily. You must have liability insurance proof before you can leave your boat in a marina. Also, be certain to import your boat legally into Mexico.

BOATS!!

captkw - 8-16-2012 at 07:31 AM

VAG HAS ALWAYS BEEN GOOD AND I WOULD ALSO CK LATATUDE 38 ON LINE AND GET THE REAL MCCOY FACTS!!!

CarlVon - 8-17-2012 at 09:20 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm using Mariners Insurance México
MGI Agente de Seguros, S.A. de C.V., for the transportation coverage which I feel is rather pricey, ($594.32 roughly $1 per mile), but I guess that is part of the wonderful experience of owning a BOAT (Break Out Another Thousand).
Again thanks for the info. Looking to get her in the water and visiting Mark and Olivia and discover what happened to my friend, CR.
Hopefully fellow Nomads have see my friend ,CR, (Crown Royal) and can post some pics of him. He was old and maybe his remains are under some bush around Mark's place.
But I think I met a new friend at Costco, his name is Don Julio. Since he is Mexican and I am moving to Penasco, maybe I should spend more time with him.
Any thoughts?