BajaNomad

Wouldn't It Be Nice If...

DavidE - 8-16-2012 at 08:41 AM

There was some way to receive and store packages for a couple of months at a time, maybe three or four months. Some place that would accept UPS and USPS delivery north of the border. For a fee?

durrelllrobert - 8-16-2012 at 10:26 AM

Check these guys out at 3712 Main St in Chula vista. All of my FEDEX, UPS and USPS packages go there and they are held until someone from Punta Banda picks them up:
Remember, you now have access to your unit from 4am to 11pm every day
including Sundays and Holidays. Office Hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm
Monday through Saturday. Sunday Office Hours are from 8:30am to 2:30pm.

You can pay online at: www.savonstorage.com

It pays to have friends. Refer a friend and when they pay their first
months rent you will receive a $25.00 referral rent credit.
NO LIMIT!!

Mula - 8-16-2012 at 11:04 AM

David E,
I thought you were looking to move closer to the border and services - medical?

Anyway, there is a guy from Reno who comes down from October thru June about every 2 months. We have our orders sent to his house and when he has a load, he comes. He also stops by places and picks stuff up.

He comes clear down to Coyote where he has a house, but will go further south for deliveries if needed.

He is very reasonable.

DavidE - 8-16-2012 at 11:26 AM

Mula,

Perzactly,

But when stuff like meds are available I need to get them sent to someone that can store both UPS and USPS deliveries. UPS will not deliver to a mailbox, period. Stuff has to be accepted and put into storage. Living 100+ miles from the border is still something that cannot be a daily or even a weekly jaunt. With my crummy vision I have to drive slow and carefully. A minimum of two overnights between here and the border. Living 100 miles from the border I can use public transportation coming and going. Greyhound from the Tijuana centro de camiones to downtown San Diego. When my eyes get fixed I can drive. Then comes the "biggie" the operation on my spine.

I just want to get stuff. A stupid filter for my Respironics, costs FORTY DOLLARS in México. Three a month. Covered under my HMO in the states.

Thanks for the re: If you want to U2U me, please do.

BajaBlanca - 8-16-2012 at 02:04 PM

David - if you reread robert durrel 's thread, he says he himself gets UPS and USPS delivered to chula vista. I am guessing there is a human to sign for stuff there ????? sounds like a great alternative to me.

there is a company out of Texas - they will sign for anything and then when you have a courier, they will send the mail for you wherever you want. our rv friends who travel around all the time are the ones who tokd us about them

U2U me if you want more info.

comitan - 8-16-2012 at 06:21 PM

DavidE

UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box! And what Blanca says, and no you can't afford a mail forwarding service.

durrelllrobert - 8-16-2012 at 06:44 PM

The US postal service delivers all mail to SavOn storage in an official blue box. The Savon employees thn sort it and place it in unit you signed up fo. If FEdex or UPS needs signature for package the employee signs for it and places it in your unit. They have signed for 52" flat screen TV purchased on eBay and delivered via UPS.

DENNIS - 8-16-2012 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan

UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box!

They will however deliver to a Postal Annex or similar mail service since they have a street address.