BajaNomad

It's like Dorado Soup out there off Asuncion

shari - 8-20-2012 at 10:14 PM

It has been a crazy 5 days of Fiesta here in Asuncion....the events were great...the big band was amazing....the horse races were dramatic...awesome cars and moto races...baseball...fishing tournament, cabalgata, rodeo...live bands all over town...whew!

(ni modo bajaboy, we danced till after 4:00 am near your front yard...lo siento amigo)

and to put delicious icing on the party cake....Sirenita got her first dorado! Juan, David & Sirena went in search of tuna that was reported to be close in. The tuna boats were idle, not having spotted any tuna at all...but the area was thick with dorado. Juan had never seen so many at one time. So they had a blast catching them nearly every drop and released all but a few to eat and share with friends and family...David E, I will trade you fresh fish for some of that corn and papas por favor!

A Fiesta report will have to wait while I make dorado tacos tonight!

David K - 8-20-2012 at 11:12 PM

Fun to carch and great to eat! We left your beautiful place a couple weeks too soon!

Udo - 8-21-2012 at 07:49 AM

My favorite fish to eat is Coho or Copper river salmon, but Dorado comes a very close favorite!

surfdoc - 8-21-2012 at 10:35 AM

Awsome fish Sirenia got there!!!

To Bad 11 Super Seiners have nets in the water at Banco Seis to where she caught here Dodo.....
Hope they leave a few............

castaway$ - 8-21-2012 at 02:15 PM

Aren't Dorado protected from commercial fishing? I understand it is Mex and what is supposed to be isn't necessarily what happens. If it is illegal and there are 11 Super Seiners you would think somebody would notice if they were hauling in Dorado.

surfdoc - 8-21-2012 at 02:28 PM

No telling if they are wrapping Dorado or YFT... I believe/hope they are wrapping football size YFT.

Juan said they were just sitting out there yesterday and even whislted abit at them while they were fishing...:D.

acadist - 8-21-2012 at 03:52 PM

Save some for me, be there in a month and a half

Bajaboy - 8-21-2012 at 06:09 PM

I was told they were fishing for bonito...let's hope so.

OHHMY!!

captkw - 8-21-2012 at 08:16 PM

HERE IN MOTEREY BAY MY MACHINEST LANDED 17 WHITE SEABASS 20 TO 35 LBS AND HIS BUDDY DID 28 FISH TO 40 LBS WITH SALMON AND HALA'S IN THE MIX.....THE SEA OF CORTEZ WAS A GREAT FISHING AREA NOT TOO LONG AGO!! AND I STILL AND ALWAYS WILL CHERISH TIME ON HER...........OOPS WRONG SIDE OF THE PENN,,GOOD NIGHT!!

[Edited on 8-22-2012 by captkw]

surfdoc - 8-22-2012 at 04:18 PM

Talked with one of the Seiners crew today on the water... just wrapping Bonito and incedental Jurel... The water is so green... they'll be sittingf around for a whaile.. BUT
When it turns blue........LOOK out folks this place is gonna go off !

norte - 8-22-2012 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
HERE IN MOTEREY BAY MY MACHINEST LANDED 17 WHITE SEABASS 20 TO 35 LBS AND HIS BUDDY DID 28 FISH TO 40 LBS WITH SALMON AND HALA'S IN THE MIX.....THE SEA OF CORTEZ WAS A GREAT FISHING AREA NOT TOO LONG AGO!! AND I STILL AND ALWAYS WILL CHERISH TIME ON HER...........OOPS WRONG SIDE OF THE PENN,,GOOD NIGHT!!

[Edited on 8-22-2012 by captkw]

I thought there was a limit on fish in our country?

DENNIS - 8-22-2012 at 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by norte
I thought there was a limit on fish in our country?

Maybe they have commercial licenses. When I had one, those rules, like size, didn't apply.

[Edited on 8-23-2012 by DENNIS]

FISH LIMET'S

captkw - 8-22-2012 at 05:05 PM

HOLA,,YOUD WOULD THINK !! BUT IF YOU GIVE CALIF F&G $300 DLLS FOR A ROCK/HALA LIC PLATE TO HANG ON YOUR BOAT YOU CAN CATCH WAY OVER THE REGULAR LIMETS..I THINK ITS WRONG TO LET SOME GUYS GO OUT AND CATCH ALL FISH THEY WANT.....AND I DONT SEE MYSELF GOING IN TO POLITICS ANY TIME,SOON !! SO ,,I CAN b-tch ABOUT !! ALSO WHEN THE SQUID BOATS CATCH THEM (GHOSTS) THEY HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO HAND THEM OVER TO FRIENDS IN THE NIGHT........K&T:cool:

norte - 8-22-2012 at 06:10 PM

Sounds like the complaints about Mexico fisheries. Guess money rules in the US as well.

DENNIS - 8-22-2012 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by norte
Sounds like the complaints about Mexico fisheries. Guess money rules in the US as well.

:lol:Nothing new about that. :lol:

BajaBlanca - 8-23-2012 at 06:07 AM

wow ! Sirena's smile tells it all !

I heard there are fish here as well, but no one has pics to prove it !

Les wants dorado after hearing about Sirena's catch .... guess he might be going out tomorrow .....

shari - 8-23-2012 at 07:59 AM

yes Blanca...Sirenita was so stoked to catch her first dorado. She has become a fishin nut these days and cant wait for a tuna! Yesterday Juan, Surfdoc and Faustino checked for tuna and talked to the tuna seiners who have been getting bonita...no tuna yet.

BajaRat - 8-23-2012 at 08:57 AM

Congrats on the fish Lady! Those water temps are looking great, hows the inshore and shoreline temps?

$300 DLLS FOR A ROCK/HALA LIC PLATE ?

durrelllrobert - 8-23-2012 at 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
HOLA,,YOUD WOULD THINK !! BUT IF YOU GIVE CALIF F&G $300 DLLS FOR A ROCK/HALA LIC PLATE TO HANG ON YOUR BOAT YOU CAN CATCH WAY OVER THE REGULAR LIMETS..

Can't find reference to any such license here:
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/fishing/fishdescrip.html/
OR Here:
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/commercial/commdescrip.html

boe4fun - 8-23-2012 at 02:34 PM

Dang, We left a few days too early. Maybe in the fall???

acadist - 8-23-2012 at 08:04 PM

Think they will still be there in October???

shari - 8-23-2012 at 08:17 PM

oh yeah...usually the dorado, wahoo and tuna dont get here till October...so Oct. thru Dec are our best fishing months.

surfdoc - 8-24-2012 at 01:17 PM

The shore fishing in town has been great in the evening... Lots of nice Linguado coming out of the surf...
Only down side is wading past the seaweed.

I'll be checking the surf fishing at Punta Loma in the morning!

Yep..........Dorado in August is a bonus... Late Sept on...whoohoo............:D

Bajagypsy - 8-24-2012 at 03:32 PM

surfdoc,
Simon refuses to fish here in Canada now, he only wants to fish in Baja!

sd - 9-1-2012 at 11:59 AM

Hi Sheri,

Picture #2 of Sirena is featured in the August 31 edition of Western Outdoor News (South Edition). Now you need to get her son's surf photo published, it is such a great photo!

Cute kids!!

Scot

shari - 9-1-2012 at 12:21 PM

thanks sd....dtbushpilot has been slaying corvina and croaker the last few days...they caught a monster spotfin croaker at....a place that shall not be named...hahahaha! and of course they didnt take pictures either....sheesh!

Yesterday they hurricane fished in the massive swell....he likes a challenge that bushpilot! the got limits of very nice size calicos and a few small yellowtail.