BajaNomad

BioLite Stove

bajaking76 - 8-22-2012 at 07:29 AM

Neat camp stove/charger.....any nomads own one of these?

http://biolitestove.com/

Udo - 8-22-2012 at 07:42 AM

Not yet.

MMc - 8-22-2012 at 07:45 AM

This style have been around for a long time. They work OK for the most part, I am not a fan overall. Give me a multi-fule MSR any day. I like the dragon fly for being able to control the flame ,but any of the MSR cook very well. The Jet Boil are a hot sellers now, also very good to boil H2O quickly. I you are looking to simmer a stew for a while not so good.

stove's= sttuvva

captkw - 8-22-2012 at 08:20 AM

NOVEL STOVE !! I have a MSR whisper lite..and its great for hiking..but for boat/car camping the coleman 'DUAL FUEL 533" is KING..hot,hot,and runs on unleaded gas..that I always have in said boat/car....most folks dont know that "white gas" is unleaded...same as at the pump and a hell of a lot cheaper !! you do not have to find the coleman fuel in the red can..now the coleman lantern is another story!!! loud,noisy,atracks bugs,and you cant see anything except the light itself,bad,bad,bad..did I mention the mantels and lenz break all the time..dont fire up one of those peices of crap near me!!!! Ive been using yellow trailer side lights (l.e.d.) on speaker wire for car/boat camping for years and thats the ticket for noiseless,painfree camping lights........K&T:cool:

[Edited on 8-22-2012 by captkw]

durrelllrobert - 8-22-2012 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
NOVEL STOVE !! I have a MSR whisper lite..and its great for hiking..but for boat/car camping the coleman 'DUAL FUEL 533" is KING..hot,hot,and runs on unleaded gas..that I always have in said boat/car....most folks dont know that "white gas" is unleaded...same as at the pump and a hell of a lot cheaper !! you do not have to find the coleman fuel in the red can..now the coleman lantern is another story!!! loud,noisy,atracks bugs,and you cant see anything except the light itself,bad,bad,bad..did I mention the mantels and lenz break all the time..dont fire up one of those peices of crap near me!!!! Ive been using yellow trailer side lights (l.e.d.) on speaker wire for car camping for years and thats the ticket for noiseless,painfree camping lights........K&T:cool:

Hey captkw, is that you in this demo video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiGEnBkR334

robert/stoves

captkw - 8-22-2012 at 08:43 AM

:lol: NO,THATS NOT ME....I'M A LOT MORE UGLY !!!...K&T:cool:

CortezBlue - 8-22-2012 at 01:37 PM

HMMMMmmmmmm

Someone has been listening to Alex Jones, a bit to much;)

cortez blue

captkw - 8-22-2012 at 02:12 PM

HOLA, I'M MISSING SOMETHING.. KNOW WHO ALEX JONES IS..BUT WHAT DOES HE HAVE TO DO WITH STOVES ???? :?: K&T

[Edited on 8-22-2012 by captkw]

Terry28 - 8-22-2012 at 04:30 PM

I think one of the main selling points is the USB port and the ability to charge different appliances....the boiling water is a nice part too!