BajaNomad

Guadalupe Valley wine in San Diego.

BAJACAT - 8-25-2012 at 02:16 PM

Hi gang, Im going to Laguna Hanson for LABOR DAY,I would like to take some wine with me but i already drink all my mexican wine..So Im looking for a place in San Diego to buy some.. Im looking for Monte's Xanic Chenin Blanc Cosecha De Tardia also for LA CETTO BLANC DE ZINFANDEL, i don't want to drive to TJ just to buy the wine.Thanks.

BAJACAT - 8-25-2012 at 02:19 PM

sorry for if the pix are to big.

thebajarunner - 8-25-2012 at 03:55 PM

Pix are just right for my screen
and very nicely done, I might add....

Kalypso - 8-25-2012 at 04:55 PM

I was at Monte Xanic a few weeks ago tasting and the folks in the tasting room said their wines would be available at Costco in SD "in a few weeks". They didn't know which one, but my guess would be Morena Blvd. or Mission Valley. And "in a few weeks" in Mexican time probably doesn't exactly have the same meaning as it does NOB ;D

San Diego Wine Bank downtown on 5th is usually a pretty good bet for Mexican wines. Tends to be a little on the $$$ side

Wines from Baja does a lot of mail order, but they're located in downtown SD on Broadway. Probably worth a call to see if they'd let you pick up directly from then since your time frame is short.

Holiday Liquors in Escondido is awesome. They have a huge wine cellar in their basement, not sure if they're carrying Mexican wines, but they carry all kind so of hard (or harder)-to-find items.

Your photos are great...not too big :D

[Edited on 8-25-2012 by Kalypso]

wilderone - 8-26-2012 at 08:08 AM

Not Mexican wine, but I can recommend an awared-winning zin - "Zany Zin" an old vine zinfandel from Lodi. $4.99 at the new Outlet Grocery on Market and 10th. I've tried some of their other selections too - all good. Price is right. And check out the Dudley Bread, filet mignon (2 for $4.99), great cheese selection. getting a little off topic . . . .

BajaBlanca - 8-26-2012 at 08:18 AM

BajaCat - nice to hear from you ! Been a long time !

DavidE - 8-26-2012 at 08:57 AM

Off topic San Diego
On Topic Monte Xanic

The La Ballena supermercado in Guerrero Negro had some bottles of Monte Xanic locked up under glass in their post checkout goodies kiosk. No price tags that I was able to see.

BAJACAT - 8-27-2012 at 10:22 PM

NO luck here in San Diego,i will go to costco at Market st I will try my luck there..my cuņada(sister in law) in TJ is going to check calimax or Soriana,,somebody has to have this wine in TJ..thanks all for the help..
PS. BLANCA I never left!..still here.

bajaking76 - 8-29-2012 at 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
NO luck here in San Diego,i will go to costco at Market st I will try my luck there..my cuņada(sister in law) in TJ is going to check calimax or Soriana,,somebody has to have this wine in TJ..thanks all for the help..
PS. BLANCA I never left!..still here.

Try Comercial Mexicana, they carry many local wines, I still buy my favorates from Santo Tomas there.

Candela's Restaurant also carry some, more expensive though.... http://www.candelas-sd.com/candelas_main2.html

[Edited on 8-29-2012 by bajaking76]