BajaNomad

The Propane Gas Delivery Guy

Gypsy Jan - 8-27-2012 at 05:14 PM

We ran out of propane a lot faster than expected and called the company, saying it was an emergency.

The driver and his assistant arrived very shortly after - two hours, approximately.

They ran the hose from the truck back through to the tank, but before hooking up they picked up the tank, a horizontal standing one, about six-to-eight feet long and sloshed it.

The main guy said that our tank was still about forty per cent full and that the gauge was broken.

He also told us that we could buy a replacement pressure gauge at Home Depot at a price cheaper than from buying from his company.

DENNIS - 8-27-2012 at 05:31 PM

WOW...they missed a golden opportunity to really stick it to you.
ohhwell...jes wait till next time.:lol:

By the way, that sounds like a lot of weight they picked up.

Dennis, You Are So Correct

Gypsy Jan - 8-27-2012 at 05:39 PM

Yes, yes and yes.

I saw them pick up that enormous tank and shake it back and forth and couldn't believe it.

It's just terrible living in dangerous, corrupt Baja ;D

DENNIS - 8-27-2012 at 06:05 PM

For future reference, Jan, You can establish the liquid level of a propane tank by sliding your hand down the side till it hits the gas level which will be obviously colder than the empty part above.

vandy - 8-27-2012 at 06:41 PM

I once had the same problem in the US, but it turned out that my "empty" tank was about 40% full of BUTANE, an error on the gas company's part.
It seems they used their delivery trucks for butane also.

rts551 - 8-27-2012 at 07:17 PM

I have also seen "empty" tanks with water in them.

DENNIS - 8-27-2012 at 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
I have also seen "empty" tanks with water in them.

When there was only one propane company in Ensenada, the low-paid drivers would fill the 45 Kilo tanks with water and deliver them like that.
Along came competition and the companys started to pay attention to customer service.