BajaNomad

Got the birth cert.- how do we get a voter card?

thebajarunner - 8-28-2012 at 09:26 PM

Couple weeks back I asked how to get my Jalisco born, US citizen wife legal to own property.

You all sent me back to the drawing board to get a certified birth certificate, and then you said to get a voter card.

Well, we searched the old files and found a nice clean and well engraved birth certificate from Mascota.

Now, we need the voter card.

Since we sort of have a long term eye on the Guadalupe Valley it would be appropriate to get a voting card there.

What is the process? I assume we show up at a municipal office in that area, or more likely Ensenada.

Please give me some direction.... we are on the road to success!

thanks

güero - 8-28-2012 at 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
Couple weeks back I asked how to get my Jalisco born, US citizen wife legal to own property.

You all sent me back to the drawing board to get a certified birth certificate, and then you said to get a voter card.

Well, we searched the old files and found a nice clean and well engraved birth certificate from Mascota.

Since we sort of have a long term eye on the Guadalupe Valley it would be appropriate to get a voting card there.

What is the process? I assume we show up at a municipal office in that area, or more likely Ensenada.

thanks

Go to the SRE office in the NW section of Ensenada. You can look it up on the internet, or if you send me a U2U when you are coming to Ensenada, I'll meet you and show you where it is.

thebajarunner - 8-29-2012 at 07:39 AM

Thanks Guero- great offer in the true Nomad spirit....

I sent you a U2U and we can pursue this soon.

cheers.
D

SRE Ensenada

bajaguy - 8-29-2012 at 07:43 AM

http://www.sre.gob.mx/index.php/delegaciones/delegacion-tiju...

BajaBlanca - 8-29-2012 at 07:44 AM

when I got mine last year, I needed some proof of address in Mexico. They accept elec or telephone bill.

and another form of identificaton. I used my Mexican driver's license.

Guero, if you are in Ensenada, perhaps stop by the office and ask how someone who is Mexican but not living in Mexico proceeds.

If this question had been asked last week, the IFE guys were staying at our B&B. Oh well.

[Edited on 8-29-2012 by BajaBlanca]

That will cause some further action, if required

thebajarunner - 8-29-2012 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
when I got mine last year, I needed some proof of address in Mexico. They accept elec or telephone bill.

and another form of identificaton. I used my Mexican driver's license.

Guero, if you are in Ensenada, perhaps stop by the office and ask how someone who is Mexican but not living in Mexico proceeds.

If this question had been asked last week, the IFE guys were staying at our B&B. Oh well.

[Edited on 8-29-2012 by BajaBlanca]

Please, anyone who has access to their office, would you be so kind as to inquire....
Teresa has aunts living in TJ (we actually have a Tia Juana living there- true story)
Perhaps we could arrange something through them that would establish some kind of temporary residence, although that will be cumbersome...
would be a lot easier just to walk in, drop down the birth cert and walk out the door with the card (Life never seems to be simple, does it?)

prorader - 8-29-2012 at 04:19 PM

I am not to sure on this post, I had a voters registration card. No joke, your a Gringo this is a fake, your not legal, I gave it up, staying with the FM3

BajaBlanca - 8-29-2012 at 06:51 PM

:?:

I thought I was the only one, thanks BB

thebajarunner - 8-29-2012 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
:?:

:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

güero - 8-29-2012 at 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by güero
Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner

thanks

Go to the SRE office in the NW section of Ensenada. You can look it up on the internet, or if you send me a U2U when you are coming to Ensenada, I'll meet you and show you where it is.

Sorry, I misinformed on this one. Since you are a Mexican citizen, you don't have to go do anything at the SRE office. You can do it all at the IFE office. Besides the birth certificate, as Blanca stated, you will need a current, paid electric or water bill and as she also stated another photo ID. You may also need a CURP #. Check out the IFE webpage that bajaguy posted earlier.

If you have relatives in Tijuana you might want to use their address and electric bill. I don't think they care if the bill is in your name, just tell them you are renting there and you paid the bill. You can easily change the IFE card when you have a new address in the Valley.

It's not going to be "walk in, drop down the birth cert and walk out the door with the card", remember where you are. It will be worth the time spent.

[Edited on 8-30-2012 by güero]