BajaNomad

Collateral circulation might just save your life.

EnsenadaDr - 8-29-2012 at 04:25 PM

Are any of you aware of collateral circulation? As we age, the natural age process causes arteries to become less flexible because of hardening of the arteries, or arteriosclerosis. As these arteries become clogged, and oxygen becomes less available, the body starts building new circulation to critical parts, such as the heart, and brain. The only way the body will start this building process is to have demands put on it daily. That is why it is so critical to take part in a physically demanding activity daily. Walk for 30 minutes, do some outdoor physical labor, or go to Zumba for an hour. Physical activity might just save your life. If one of the critical arteries to the brain becomes blocked by an emboli, or blood clot, the collateral circulation may be able to take over and save your life. This collateral circulation is the answer in many cases as to why one person might survive a massive stroke and recover quickly and others might succumb immediately.

Bob and Susan - 8-29-2012 at 04:30 PM

damn doctors...the same EVERYWHERE...

eat good...excercise...don't drink in excess:lol::lol:

Udo - 8-29-2012 at 04:31 PM

You are absolutely correct, EnsenadaDr.

Since my Cardiac Ablasion, 6 weeks ago, I am now able to go on a 30 mile bicycle ride every weekend.
I used to poop oiut , after the surgery, at 10 a.m.

Now I can go all day, (and even have sixx twice a week!)

I do not drink in excess...I have about two shooters a week.

[Edited on 8-29-2012 by Udo]

EnsenadaDr - 8-29-2012 at 04:46 PM

Bob and Susan, I did not mention drinking...guilty conscience maybe? :biggrin::biggrin:

DENNIS - 8-29-2012 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Bob and Susan, I did not mention drinking...guilty conscience maybe? :biggrin::biggrin:

Bob ???? Guilty conscience ?????
NAH. I don theenk so.

DavidE - 8-29-2012 at 05:40 PM

Hoe, Hoe Hoe!

Garden exercise. Tomato vines are growing like something out of a Spielberg film.