BajaNomad

BLUE MOON tomorrow

BajaBlanca - 8-30-2012 at 10:01 AM

tomorrow we get to see the last blue moon til 2015.

shari - 8-30-2012 at 10:07 AM

hurricane swell arriving tomorrow too...big swell on a full moon high tide...woo hooo...and this awful heat from the storm combined with that bright full moon is making it pretty hard to sleep...even in the tent! I just might have to bring a fan into the tent tonight.

David K - 8-30-2012 at 10:08 AM

Why in a tent? Earthquakes or Juan remodeling your house?

shari - 8-30-2012 at 10:12 AM

we sleep outside every summer...which in Asuncion is aug-october. I love sleeping in our little campspot on the cliff...it's cool and the breeze comes from the south at night right into our little love nest...and no mosquitos!!!!

David K - 8-30-2012 at 10:18 AM

NICE!!!

I wish I could camp in Baja... every night!!! :bounce:

DavidE - 8-30-2012 at 10:30 AM

Northwet Whiteskins no like tropical balmy weather...but my corn and cantaloupe dig it.

Unshaded stone and concrete makes for a lousy thermal experience in climes where the sun beats down all day. A person trades three or four hours of cooler inside temperatures 6 - 11 AM for elevated temperatures all night. In Yucatan houses ALWAYS had registers and vents that could be closed off. Reworked homes put mesh screens and plastic insect screens over the openings. Roof vents were painted a dark color to aid convection. Green air flow. Same thing for boxing in a refrigerator and putting in its own register and vent. Drops refrigerator temp dramatically (saves $$$) and keeps a kitchen and house quite a bit cooler.

Rocky Mountain wisdom: The lower the temperature the lower the ceiling.

Photo Balm For Overheated Whiteskins

[Edited on 8-30-2012 by DavidE]

bajadogs - 8-30-2012 at 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
we sleep outside every summer...which in Asuncion is aug-october. I love sleeping in our little campspot on the cliff...it's cool and the breeze comes from the south at night right into our little love nest...and no mosquitos!!!!

Shari, I don't mind you guys using my camping spot for the summer. Here is Cafe with her dutiful wake-up call -

[Edited on 8-30-2012 by bajadogs]

Cafe-in-my-camping-spot.jpg - 29kB

shari - 8-30-2012 at 11:56 AM

oh phew...thanks Dog...I am so relieved. Somehow a couple nights ago, our siamesebobcat somehow opened the zipper enough to sneak in and pounce on my head...holy catsh*t. Cafe & Shami dutifully guard the camp...unless someone throws something for them to chase.

OK, I've had enough of this heat...today it is too hot even to dash down to the beach for a swim...figure we'll have to wait till after 5...oh wait...it will have to be before that cause of happy hour with a certain well known, secret, fish whispering Nomad who is hiding out in one of those spots that shall not be named...oh the intrigue... right Nomads?

we'll see what this balmy blue moon has in store for us tonight!!!