BajaNomad

Not new music, but worth another listen!

CortezBlue - 9-7-2012 at 07:32 PM

Sitting on my patio thisnFriday evening and a few songs have rotated through that really made me smile
:bounce:

Little Feat, (Bill Payne) Gringo. Live at Rams Head

The Boat Drunks. Willin' (original Little Feat tune)

Zac Brown. the new Uncaged Album just came on

Music stokes me

Ateo - 9-7-2012 at 08:02 PM

I found Neil Young "Decade" quite good this last trip.

Also, Interpol, The Silver Jews, Jane's Addiction, a tad of Morrissey, 3 Mile Pilot, Pinback, and Miles Davis.

vgabndo - 9-7-2012 at 08:31 PM

Hmmmm,

I loved them both in my youth. Now the second has passed away. I got to meet her at a small venue outdoor benefit gig. She was special. Here's Phoebe covering Janis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_434AW0EBg&feature=relat...

willardguy - 9-7-2012 at 09:05 PM

comparing music is like comparing brands of beer, but isnt it wonderful that a few songs can put a smile on your face no matter what?
....tehachapi to tonapah.......RIP lowell.

toneart - 9-7-2012 at 09:21 PM

Miles Ahead! Miles...for sure...:cool:

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

Also, Interpol, The Silver Jews, Jane's Addiction, a tad of Morrissey, 3 Mile Pilot, Pinback, and Miles Davis.

CortezBlue - 9-8-2012 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Hmmmm,

I loved them both in my youth. Now the second has passed away. I got to meet her at a small venue outdoor benefit gig. She was special. Here's Phoebe covering Janis.

I saw Phoebe in the 70's just as she was releasing here first album. I was visiting a high school buddy in San Jose. For a kid from Phoenix in the 70's, seeing live music was a real exciting proposition. She was playing at, I think, Mountain View Community College??

vgabndo - 9-8-2012 at 10:07 AM

My meeting was on the other end of her career. I think it was Jesse Colin Young and she at the Golf Course here in the mid-90's. It was a benefit for the Dream Foundation (like adult 'make-a-wish'). I volunteered for backstage security, and Sedge Thompson of West Coast Live was the MC. A decade later I met him again when I was a guest on his show. I'll bet HE still remembers standing in the alpenglow off the volcano as she rocked the mountain with Poetry Man.

Maybe I can get away with one more old rock and roll anecdote. Even on campus in Yuma AZ in the 60's we were pretty far out of the mainstream. We all knew the Beatles in matching suits and needing a haircut. I was working as a film editor and the weatherman at a B and W TV station when a roll came through with Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields, and a gaggle of long haired leaping gnomes singing in a tree.

It was so new and so mindblowing, that I stole one frame each of the new hippie Beatles, and a lot of us stood around at different times holding the tiny 16 mm squares up to a light!:lol:
Yeah, probably with roach clips!:saint:

wessongroup - 10-7-2012 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Miles Ahead! Miles...for sure...:cool:

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

Here is something for ya toneman... always liked this

Marc - 10-7-2012 at 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Hmmmm,

WOW