OFF ROAD EXPO

John M - 9-8-2012 at 12:52 PM

Planning on Saturday Oct 6th

anyone going?

John & Barbara M

Ken Cooke - 9-8-2012 at 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by whistler
I need to go.Have to get back to building my truck.

Ditto. Not sure if I can make it this year, although more Baja trips are in the cards for this coming year. Tires need replacement badly, though.:!: I'll most likely go to America's Tire for the better prices.

J.P. - 9-8-2012 at 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Quote:
Originally posted by whistler
I need to go.Have to get back to building my truck.

Ditto. Not sure if I can make it this year, although more Baja trips are in the cards for this coming year. Tires need replacement badly, though.:!: I'll most likely go to America's Tire for the better prices.

Heck Ken Bring those tires down here looks like a Bizillon miles left on them.:lol::lol::lol:

Ken Cooke - 9-8-2012 at 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.

Heck Ken Bring those tires down here looks like a Bizillon miles left on them.:lol::lol::lol:

Performance-wise, they don't have enough bite to go past the pavement.:!:

David K - 9-15-2012 at 07:18 PM

In case I miss this one, with all the book stuff happening, please get a Baja 1000 map and post it here (or email it to me to post). I heard that will be when the course is 'officially' announced.

Ensenada to La Paz... but bouncing around through what places?

Thanks!

surfer jim - 9-15-2012 at 09:05 PM

Probably go.

Neal Johns - 9-16-2012 at 09:54 AM

John M,
Pick me up?

willardguy - 9-16-2012 at 03:23 PM

score racers, your entry must be in score's hands by oct 2nd to be elgible for the live start drawing at the expo!:yes:

Saturday EXPO

John M - 10-1-2012 at 07:19 PM

No other takers on Saturday?

John M

racingron - 10-2-2012 at 01:07 AM

Outside Booth #107 - Motive Gear / TEN Factory - stop by and say hi. I'll have cold beverages...

Ron

surfer jim - 10-6-2012 at 08:26 PM

Report.

Perfect weather.:bounce:

I liked $10 ticket prices better than the $14 it now costs.:O

$10 parking.:(

Show was quite good. Lots of vendors- lots of people. Ran into some old friends.

Saw IVAN and WALKER walking around. The "tattoo" generation just walked by with no clue who they were. The "over 50" group all waved, handshakes, nodded to say hello. There must be a country song to explain this.

Spent about 4 hours looking , walking. Got my moneys worth.

Show felt more like an off-road show than last time. Last show had too many 12" lifted trucks with bling wheels ready for the Irvine Spectrum parking lot. Back to basics this time.

Enjoyed seeing some of the old restored race vehicles and the "buggy in a box" . It was a rock crawler tube frame all cut and notched with detailed directions for assembly. This came in a cardboard box ready for welding. Neat project for someone.

Would I go again knowing how it was? A big YES.:yes:

[Edited on 10-7-2012 by surfer jim]

David K - 10-7-2012 at 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfer jim
Report.

Perfect weather.:bounce:

I liked $10 ticket prices better than the $14 it now costs.:O

$10 parking.:(

Show was quite good. Lots of vendors- lots of people. Ran into some old friends.

Saw IVAN and WALKER walking around. The "tattoo" generation just walked by with no clue who they were. The "over 50" group all waved, handshakes, nodded to say hello. There must be a country song to explain this.

Spent about 4 hours looking , walking. Got my moneys worth.

Show felt more like an off-road show than last time. Last show had too many 12" lifted trucks with bling wheels ready for the Irvine Spectrum parking lot. Back to basics this time.

Enjoyed seeing some of the old restored race vehicles and the "buggy in a box" . It was a rock crawler tube frame all cut and notched with detailed directions for assembly. This came in a cardboard box ready for welding. Neat project for someone.

Would I go again knowing how it was? A big YES.:yes:

[Edited on 10-7-2012 by surfer jim]

Thank you Jim for the report! As much as we enjoy the Expo in years past, this economy is just going to have us use the $30 for 2 tickets and parking for 5 gallons of gas to get to work, instead! Paid $4.75/ gal. on Friday... the week before, I paid $4.03! Glad it was more off road than bling bling this year! Walker is so cool... good to see he is still making an appearance...

Udo - 10-7-2012 at 03:39 PM

Diesel being right at $5.00 per gallon in the US, it is just about a Dollar a mile to drive a large RV anymore