BajaNomad

Being A Weather Geek...

DavidE - 9-12-2012 at 08:53 AM

I noticed that the zonal flow off Tehuantepéc has toned down and weather systems are now poised to start taking a more northwesterly track. It's a yearly shift nothing weird, but storms may start to have a greater chance of impacting the peninsula until the end of the season.

shari - 9-12-2012 at 09:06 AM

uh huh...we are keeping an eye on the next one coming up the alley all righty...the warm water up here now wont dissipate it.....gonna be a good weekend for surf!

Osprey - 9-12-2012 at 09:33 AM

I'm a watcher/rememberer too and it's not easy to guess. Now there are 3 storm systems in the Atlantic and they moderate some things and energize others (moving the jet stream around, etc.).

All bets are off.

vandy - 9-12-2012 at 09:50 AM

The highest-altitude steering winds are already there, heading to the NW, so if a very strong (i.e. very tall) hurricane forms south of Baja, it could be steered toward us.

A weak hurricane or tropical storm ("lower") will keep offshore, for now. Maybe.

Remember, the operative words in my hurricane forecast: "Could be" and "maybe"
I'm keeping an eye on the one that "might" "possibly" be forming to the south of Cabo.

DavidE - 9-12-2012 at 10:18 AM

"Tis the season for 90-pound weakling weather systems to pump iron and gulp steroids.