BajaNomad

Crazy Canuck heading to Baja in Dec 'cause it's snowing & cold again in NW Canada!!!

RandyMacSC/SO - 10-22-2004 at 05:21 PM

It's cold and snowing in Canada AGAIN. Imagine that, but I will get out my door, regardless of how much snow has piled up at the door from wind drifts in November.

I just cashed my last 3 cheques and holiday pay after being layed off from work (poor miserable weather in northern Canada, so we can't work anymore until April) and I'm getting anxious, so I am gathering everything and getting ready for my Baja trip this winter.

My plan is to head south in early December or maybe late November and stop in Mulege Bahia Concepcion area for a week or two and then head down to Todos Santos area (Playa Los Cerritos) for 3 or 4 months. Might consider other areas. Any ideas?

FLY, DRIVE or Hike a RIDE

Trying to decide whether to fly down to Cabo and backpack around and stay in a tent, or drive my GEO Tracker 4x4 down with more stuff and stay in a tent, but I know that driving my motorhome down and towing my 4x4 behind is out of the question as it is far too expensive on gas from northern Canada to the tip of the Baja when it only gets 10 miles to the gallon.

I might also try to find a ride down if any western Canadians from BC or Alberta area are headed south in late November or December. Might also fly out of Spokane to San Diego or LA and then bus it down the peninsula.

I can just feel that warm sunshine now.

RandyMac:lol:

Mexitron - 10-22-2004 at 05:58 PM

If you're going for 3 or 4 months I would think it would be better to drive your car down so you're always mobile--car camping's the best....have fun!!

tim40 - 10-22-2004 at 06:41 PM

GREAT picture....sure wish that beer was out of the way for we could have seen more of the snow dusting...

Either way stranger

jrbaja - 10-22-2004 at 07:33 PM

you might consider a stop in Rosarito.:light:

David K - 10-22-2004 at 07:54 PM

Randy, I hope we can meet if and when you pass through San Diego County!

I'm on my way too!!

frizkie - 10-22-2004 at 11:54 PM

Hi Randy!!!

I'll be driving down to Baja in couple of weeks from Victoria. Wouldn't mind hookin' up with someone to share some expenses, some laughs, and some adventures. I have a van conversion all decked out for Baja. I've done the trip many times and know some great free places off the beaten track. You gotta like dogs, beaches, boats n' beer tho'. Ha!! Well, looks like the cervesa part is covered. ........... U2U me if ya wanna...

synch - 10-28-2004 at 01:38 PM

A Canadian the prefers Corona?

Perhaps just the memories that linger from BAJA!

There is something large and white blocking your doorway - perhaps someone has hung a sheet up for an early halloween decoration?