BajaNomad

Free Baja Anthology

bajaguy - 9-14-2012 at 06:29 PM

From the Punta Banda Newsletter:

I would like to announce the free download of the Anthology, "American and Canadian Expatriate Writings on Mexico," through the Amazon Kindle program. This is for everyone, not just for our members in Mexico. Our contributors are from Cabo San Lucas, Oaxaca, Puerto Vallarta,, La Bocana Baja California Sur, San Miguel de Allende and other locations. Some are writing and being published for the first time. You may know one of our authors.

This free download will be availble until Sunday midnight. Spread the word. We are also looking for contributors for our next book in the series. Please keep reading for more details.

The Free download is available right now at, http://amzn.to/Pfq8RF but you must be a member of Amazon to access it. I had to click on buy or purchase but there was no charge. Remember, this promo ends at midnight on SUNDAY so spread the word.

No Kindle or eReader? No problem! Amazon has a link on the sales page where you can download a program placing a Kindle reader on your computer. When you download any book, it automatically opens in the Kindle Reader. There are thousands of free books out there.

Check out the book and be aware that volume 2 will be released in a few days.

Thanks,

George Puckett

__._,_.___

Osprey - 9-14-2012 at 06:35 PM

I have some writings I'd like to contribute. Can you give me a contact link, a name? Thanks

thebajarunner - 9-14-2012 at 06:37 PM

I clicked it and Amazon said,

"Hey Dummy- you bought this book a couple weeks ago- we charged you five bucks!!"

Yep, I would say free is definitely a good deal,
and clicking the link takes you straight there.

happy hunting...

P>S>???

thebajarunner - 9-14-2012 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
I clicked it and Amazon said,

"Hey Dummy- you bought this book a couple weeks ago- we charged you five bucks!!"

Yep, I would say free is definitely a good deal,
and clicking the link takes you straight there.

happy hunting...

Do I get my five bux back?

probably not,
oh well,
a good cause.

bajaguy - 9-14-2012 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
I have some writings I'd like to contribute. Can you give me a contact link, a name? Thanks

George Puckett
epgeorge1@yahoo.com

How do you add writings to a published book??

thebajarunner - 9-14-2012 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

George Puckett
epgeorge1@yahoo.com

just curious

Osprey - 9-15-2012 at 06:03 AM

The man said "looking for contributors for OUR NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES, NOT FOR BOOK NUMBER 2". If they are planning a series of several books I'd like to contribute to one in the future, in the series.

Runner, that's not "muy amable" it's just yankin' my chain. What's your problem?

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 07:03 AM

This guy used to live around here before relocating to Arizona.
He's been trying to make a niche in promotion of Mexico........one of the "No crime in Mexico"voices during the worst of it.
I would avoid his schemes and let him write his own books. Why do it for him?

Barbareno - 9-15-2012 at 07:15 AM

I'm going to try and down load it onto my Sony eReader. Thanks for the link Bajaguy

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 07:16 AM

Jorge....I had you in mind, particularly, when I posted above.This guy isn't running a "Vanity Press" per se....he's just being an opportunist.
Don't give your stuff away. Find another way to get exposure.

BajaBlanca - 9-15-2012 at 08:36 AM

I didn't do it for the money, just for the fun of contributing to the first edition ... the 2nd edition funds will be donated to a charity still to be chosen ...

Osprey - at the bottom of runner's comment, way at the bottom, he wrote :just curious" I don't think he was yanking your chain .....?

George Puckett seems like an amazing guy. The more you read about his life, the more amazed one is that he can remain so positive about life.

When I sent my writing to him for the first e-book, I wasn't sure how it would work out, but what fun to be published ... to share our love for Baja with others.

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
I didn't do it for the money, just for the fun of contributing to the first edition ... the 2nd edition funds will be donated to a charity still to be chosen ...

Ohh...don't fret about the choosing process. It's been decided.

Quote:

George Puckett seems like an amazing guy. The more you read about his life, the more amazed one is that he can remain so positive about life.

Yeah...simply amazing. Had there been a rail out of Punta Banda, he would have been ridden out on it

Quote:
When I sent my writing to him for the first e-book, I wasn't sure how it would work out, but what fun to be published ... to share our love for Baja with others.

That's the attraction....attention. It's a common scam.
Don't forget...when you submit your work to this fraud, it becomes his to do with as he pleases...forevermore. It's no longer yours.

Maybe, as you say, you didn't do it for the money, but he is.

jbcoug - 9-15-2012 at 10:53 AM

Well, whatever the authors motive, I ordered a copy. I found $0 to be a good price.

John

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jbcoug
Well, whatever the authors motive, I ordered a copy. I found $0 to be a good price.

John

He considers it good advertising and a method to solicit new submissions for the future. Problem with an E-publication is you can't just leave it in the bathroom.

By the way...he's anything but an author.

[Edited on 9-15-2012 by DENNIS]

Yamero - 9-15-2012 at 12:03 PM

I'd rather read it in pdf format. Is there any way to download a pdf version?

bajaguy - 9-15-2012 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamero
I'd rather read it in pdf format. Is there any way to download a pdf version?

Download it to your computer then print it.......I think

tripledigitken - 9-15-2012 at 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
He's been trying to make a niche in promotion of Mexico........one of the "No crime in Mexico"voices during the worst of it.

Sounds like you have some interesting stories about this guy. Has he posted on Nomads?

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

Sounds like you have some interesting stories about this guy. Has he posted on Nomads?

Not that I recall unless he was trying to pimp something.

Patty's

bajaguy - 9-17-2012 at 07:27 AM

And the Liar's Club at Campo LaJolla get a story in the anthology........:lol: