BajaNomad

HOT ENOUGH FOR YA ???

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 10:34 AM

All of my thermometers say it's 94° in the shade.
Not a bit of a breeze and dry as hell at 22% humidity.

What's happening where you are?

Russ - 9-15-2012 at 10:42 AM

I just came up to Laguna yesterday and it was 110º at the 805 - 90 interchange yesterday afternoon. Border xing only 30 minutes at 2pm. Laguna is warm too but quit a relief from Chavato.
Dennis, maybe you should pass on your run today

Cisco - 9-15-2012 at 10:45 AM

Pacific beach (actually Mission Bay Y.C. station) is 79 down from 82 an hour ago.

50% humidity and seven MPH west.

Son and Grandson are surfing Black's.

David K - 9-15-2012 at 10:45 AM

It's an oven here in Oceanside, by the mission (San Luis Rey) too! I guess it's called "Summer"?

Ateo - 9-15-2012 at 10:47 AM

97º here in O'side. Heading to la playa.

BajaGringo - 9-15-2012 at 10:47 AM

Out here on the beach west of San Quintin it's currently 71 degrees with a very light breeze. In town it's probably 10-15 degrees warmer...

Cisco - 9-15-2012 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I just came up to Laguna yesterday and it was 110º at the 805 - 90 interchange yesterday afternoon. Border xing only 30 minutes at 2pm. Laguna is warm too but quit a relief from Chavato.

Just spoke with a friend at Lagunita (just north of Dana Point).

87 on her shaded front porch.

Mexitron - 9-15-2012 at 10:56 AM

Was working (landscaping) in Irvine yesterday---about 100 degs......got to the point where the headaches were starting....went home and downed a ton of water followed by a half-ton of bourbon....worked like a charm.

desertcpl - 9-15-2012 at 11:00 AM

cold front coming thru Yuma,, only 100 today,,

time to put my long pants on

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 11:03 AM

11:00 AM...upgrade:

97°

17%

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Out here on the beach west of San Quintin it's currently 71 degrees with a very light breeze. In town it's probably 10-15 degrees warmer...

Wonderful.....either way.

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ

Yeah... Good idea, Russ. I think I'll just relax. :lol:

DavidE - 9-15-2012 at 11:42 AM

Ninety-two with 79% relative humidity. "Hot" ain't hot until a bathroom towel doesn't dry out for three days. Beats Anh Lo, where I saw 107 and 99% one day just before the monsoons.

acadist - 9-15-2012 at 11:53 AM

77 and light breeze just south of Denver!

willardguy - 9-15-2012 at 11:58 AM

I dont know but every fly in rosarito wants to come in out of the heat:no:

Bob H - 9-15-2012 at 12:11 PM

Probe is registering exactly 100 degrees here in North County San Diego right now. It's HOT ! and BREEZY

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 12:18 PM

12:15 update

97°

27%

Wind from the WNW....18mph....like a blast furnace

tripledigitken - 9-15-2012 at 12:18 PM

In La Mesa at 12:15 pm 96 degrees with 16% hum., calm.

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 12:26 PM

WOW....just had a sustained wind gust of 35 mph come up and blew my chairs off the deck.

Bajaboy - 9-15-2012 at 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
WOW....just had a sustained wind gust of 35 mph come up and blew my chairs off the deck.

Any time it's hot and windy...I get worried about fires...luckily we had some rain recently. At least it's supposed to cool off tomorrow.

We've got the AC cranked but are headed to Pizza Port Ocean Beach later for a pitcher and a pie followed by a dip in the ocean.

Stay cool my friends.

Keri - 9-15-2012 at 01:14 PM

105 in the Rosarito walmart shopping center half hour ago, 87 here at home in La Mision,k

[Edited on 9-15-2012 by Keri]

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Any time it's hot and windy...I get worried about fires...luckily we had some rain recently. At least it's supposed to cool off tomorrow.

Well....it's holdin' steady at around 30 mph right now. Reminds me of the Santa Anas, but from the west side.

Marc - 9-15-2012 at 01:20 PM

San Francisco; 60º & the sun is trying to come out here near the GG Bridge. Depressing.

Barry A. - 9-15-2012 at 01:21 PM

1:15 pm in Redding, CA (n. ca)--------88 degrees, 30% humidity, clear and beautiful---light breeze----------PERFECT!!!

Time for a swim in Whiskeytown Lake (74 degrees water), where we are going in a min. with the boat. :spingrin:

Life is good (in spite of the Bernank) :O

Barry

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 02:17 PM

A very crazy weather day..for sure.
Currently:

82°
53% humidity

Wind...4mph

Fog rolling over the hilltops from the ocean

San Diego California hotter than Phoenix right now

EnsenadaDr - 9-15-2012 at 02:49 PM

Current temperature in Phoenix Arizona, 94 degrees, Current temperature in San Diego, 96 degrees, Casa De Oro, (east county San diego, 100 degrees) and El Centro California, 101. Will cool down 10 degrees tomorrow, and 20 degrees more during the rest of the week. Honolulu, Hawaii 81 degrees 58% humidity.

Bajahowodd - 9-15-2012 at 04:08 PM

And no one has commented on the climate change deniers?:?:

From what I can tell, based upon posts here, it was substantially warmer in Anaheim than it was in Phoenix. Go figure.

bajadock - 9-15-2012 at 05:28 PM

Cool front at Colonia Puerto Escondido/Punta Banda.

Nice breeze and mini fog storm hit here at noon to cool things off considerably.

I am supplied and ready for El Grito. SALUDOS!

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 05:31 PM

Hey Doc....doesn't Tom play bagpipes? I could hear them all the way down here today. Sound really carries at times.

bajadock - 9-15-2012 at 05:39 PM

True, Dennis. Great news for me is that he usually plays at a house a tad away from mine.

Bagpipes sound more like a catfight to me and most players only know 3 songs. 'Pipes are also known to be a key catalyst for climate change and the diminishing pelican population on the west coast.

Cheers your way.

Marc - 9-15-2012 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
1:15 pm in Redding, CA (n. ca)--------88 degrees, 30% humidity, clear and beautiful---light breeze----------PERFECT!!!

Time for a swim in Whiskeytown Lake (74 degrees water), where we are going in a min. with the boat. :spingrin:

Life is good (in spite of the Bernank) :O

Barry

Go slow. My son is a CHP there.

Save one for me

bajaguy - 9-15-2012 at 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadock

Cool front at Colonia Puerto Escondido/Punta Banda.

Nice breeze and mini fog storm hit here at noon to cool things off considerably.

I am supplied and ready for El Grito. SALUDOS!

I would like one of those XX Amber, please

bajadock - 9-15-2012 at 05:44 PM

The Pub's concierge has your XX Ambar reserved and cooled, bajaguy. cheers

comitan - 9-15-2012 at 06:00 PM

That Noche Buena must be outdated but sure its still excellent tasting.

bajadogs - 9-15-2012 at 06:06 PM

My daughter ran a cross county event near Balboa Park in San Diego around 10:30 this morning. Runners were collapsing from heat exhaustion. At least 8 were hospitalized. It was brutal to watch. She did well and is fine, but yes, it is hot enough for me. I love the heat as long as I don't have to sprint through 3 miles of hills.

DENNIS - 9-15-2012 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadogs
My daughter ran a cross county event near Balboa Park in San Diego around 10:30 this morning. Runners were collapsing from heat exhaustion. At least 8 were hospitalized. It was brutal to watch. She did well and is fine, but yes, it is hot enough for me. I love the heat as long as I don't have to sprint through 3 miles of hills.

I saw that on the news.

SBSRF - 9-16-2012 at 06:01 AM

Hit 105 in my palapa on the mesa yesterday. Gotta keep the hammock swinging in those conditions.....worked out bueno!

DavidE - 9-16-2012 at 07:30 AM

Folks in this area are getting a little taste of what it is like to live "On The Other Side" down past Mazatlán.

A lot of people think it is "hotter" there. It isn't, the temperature is actually quite a number of degrees less than it is on the southern peninsula but it is the humidity that enters into the comfort factor. I smiled the other night when the bit of rain brought cooler temperatures also for a bit. Thunderstorms, drawing air down from the stratosphere, a very common occurrence "over there".

When it is "all over and done with" for the summer season, folks can smile and say "I'm glad that's finished".

But today, is going to be warm and very steamy here. My cantaloupe planting is going bonkers.

Mexitron - 9-16-2012 at 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Folks in this area are getting a little taste of what it is like to live "On The Other Side" down past Mazatlán.

A lot of people think it is "hotter" there. It isn't, the temperature is actually quite a number of degrees less than it is on the southern peninsula but it is the humidity that enters into the comfort factor. I smiled the other night when the bit of rain brought cooler temperatures also for a bit. Thunderstorms, drawing air down from the stratosphere, a very common occurrence "over there".

When it is "all over and done with" for the summer season, folks can smile and say "I'm glad that's finished".

But today, is going to be warm and very steamy here. My cantaloupe planting is going bonkers.

We went on a surf trip in August down there---San Blas, Puerto Vallarta, Ticola, etc.--- stifling humidity!

DENNIS - 9-16-2012 at 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron
Quote:

We went on a surf trip in August down there---San Blas, Puerto Vallarta, Ticola, etc.--- stifling humidity!

And bugs....especially in San Blas.

shari - 9-16-2012 at 08:05 AM

way toooooooo friggin hot for this girl....at night I wander from room to room hoping one is cooler than another so I can get some sleep. In the day, I park myself in front of a fan and around 5 in the afternoon we go for a swim...yesterday was fun and lots of bubbles to cheer me up.

Folks here say they'ver never experienced so many hot days in a row like this. I'm rather miserable...heat is NOT my forte.

Most years, we only need to turn a fan on a few times in september at night to sleep to keep the mosquitos off...but this year, our fans have been on day and night for the last few weeks....sheesh!

The upside is that the heat motivated us to finish our big outdoor tub/dipping pool. Last night was the private inauguration and it was SWEEEEET!

Here is a photo when it was filling up....it is a dream come true for me...one of the few things I missed about living in Canada was having an outdoor tub and now I have one!

have a nice Sunday everyone...keep cool!

DENNIS - 9-16-2012 at 09:07 AM

Ahhhh yes....today is much more civilized in the weather department. That weather anomaly we had yesterday was bad.
At this moment:

65°

foggy, but burning off quickly

Humidity
inside 65%
outside 98%

Wind at 2mph...NNW

Rainfall....Jeeezo...don't I wish

Barry A. - 9-16-2012 at 10:02 AM

Quote:
My cantaloupe planting is going bonkers.

Based on your recommendation several months ago, I planted a "cantaloupe" in a huge pot here in Redding in frest new planters mix, but to date have only gotten 5 delicious cantaloupes, and the plant is not healthy looking at all-------what am I doing wrong, I wonder? It's no hotter here than the Imperial Valley, and yet cantaloupe grow like crazy there, David. I was soooo looking forward to a never ending supply of cantaloupes, this summer. :no:

Also, ref the Highway Patrol in Redding, Marc's son-----------the CHP folks are my buddies------never any problems with them. :spingrin:

Barry

DavidE - 9-16-2012 at 10:03 AM

I learned slowly and painfully that anytime there is brackish water around ie. lagunas, swampland, or slow moving rivers or creeks dumping into the ocean there is going to be flesh eating, blood-sucking insects. Even large waves crashing on the beach can bring "a hatch". I used to purchase a product in Mexico with the brand name of "AMBUSH 50". It was all permethrin, no other active ingredients.

I would carefully dilute it according to label directions and then fill a spray bottle. I would go around and spritz window screens and use a small paintbrush to spread the solution over the screen. Permethrin lasts for several weeks and there isn't a jejene made that can fit through the mesh of a normal window screen treated with Permethrin and survive two minutes. Normal care, including gloves and application during calm air is required. Heavy rain will wash off the solution.

WINTER MONTHS are the bad months for no-see-ums along Mexico's mainland Pacific coast. But summer brings Dengue and I'm glad I am over this strain. God it hurt. It's like having the flu and a really bad hangover together.