BajaNomad

Asuncion Fishing & Pithaya Report

shari - 9-21-2012 at 05:49 PM

The yellowtail bite is wide open a few miles out and there are some dorado being caught as well but no tuna yet. The water temps are around 80 and the visibility was great the last few days between hurricane swells.

But it's the shore fishing that has the campground abuzz....Dave & Bill from San Quintin couldnt go out on the panga cause their coolers were full of fish from shore. They couldnt believe they caught 8 species in a couple hours...here are what they were catching, corvina, corbina, yellowfin and spotfin croaker, sand shark, leopard shark, halibut, a couple different perch, and today Surfdoc caught the first yellowtail from the beach...he was stoked the jacuzzi finally lit up.

Bajafam will be preparing the sashimi, ceviche and BBQ yellowtail from their haul trolling a few miles out today...limited out on nice 15-25 lb fish in no time and back for breakfast!

We had our first pithayas of the season that Juan brought home from his way home from Vizcaino...get out there cause they are so big and sweet from all the rain!!! Soooo awesome!
Here is Erin with a platefull that lasted like 10 seconds

We were all having such a lovely time with the fam.....until...the children got muched by the biggest needlefish in the world......baja is so dangerous no?

[Edited on 9-22-2012 by shari]

acadist - 9-21-2012 at 05:53 PM

looks like great fun!

bajajurel - 9-21-2012 at 07:11 PM

nice jurels. send them south to La Bocana please.

SFandH - 9-21-2012 at 07:13 PM

Pithayas are great! I'll be beaching the runabout on Isla Pithaya soon.

shari - 9-22-2012 at 09:56 AM

today's update....surfdoc caught his first yellowtail from the beach where he was halibut fishing...the jacuzzi.....it's real early for that so we are all stoked....there are small tails everywhere and some nice fish starting to show now...bring it on!

boe4fun - 9-22-2012 at 10:55 AM

DANG! I want some of those! Say hey to everyone for us.

David K - 9-22-2012 at 11:06 AM

Love it!!! I wish the pithayas were ripe just a wee bit sooner in the year!

AlanDow - 9-22-2012 at 03:11 PM

Ok I will bite – Shari what does your reference to “the Jacuzzi” mean in reference to Surfdoc catching his first yellowtail from the beach? Is the Jacuzzi the name of the beach, the name of the lure he used, a secret fishing technique, a reference to an inside joke, what?

However you did it - congratulations Surfdoc that is really cool that you caught a yellowtail from the beach. I hope the beach fishing is still good when I arrive in Asuncion in about five weeks.

David K - 9-22-2012 at 03:20 PM

the jacuzzi being 'lit up' is Canadian for the "hot tub is now hot" , eh?

Bob H - 9-22-2012 at 04:41 PM

Love the photos. Looks like a whole lot of way to much fun to me!! LOL

My goal is to make it to 5,000 posts today. :wow:

shari - 9-22-2012 at 08:58 PM

Allan....see what you have to look forward to once you live here!!!! all this cool new lingo to learn....the jacuzzi is a secret fishin hole that we will take you to only blindfolded and if you bring beer!

In October yellowtail can be caught from the rocks by the vigilancia shack by our place and along some beaches like san roque....party's ON!