BajaNomad

dorado in la bocana today - good size !

BajaBlanca - 9-23-2012 at 05:29 PM

our guest Frank and Ernesto went out today and caught/released plenty of dorado - here are photos of the ones they kept:

They are pleased with the way the cooperative is now running the show ... checking for licenses, selling biosphere bracelets, explaining numbers of fish allowed and checking boats thoroughly upon return.

Everyone loves the fact that you can leave your fish with the truck upon arrival and get it fileted, shrink wrapped and deep frozen for pick up when you leave. Price: $1 a kilo of frozen pescado.

We have 2 new managers in charge of setting up fishing trips, (Giovanni and his assistant Jorge) at 615 156-0018 or 615 156-0019. They are getting new offices, these are being built right where the boats launch.

bajajurel - 9-23-2012 at 05:35 PM

Hey! Where's our report of the wahoo, marlin, dorado, and yellowtail?

bajajurel - 9-23-2012 at 05:39 PM

Ps. Tell Ernesto and Frank that the Coop doesn't open till 9 AM and took until 9:30 to find our fish so they will have a late start if they want to drive home the same day.

Also they filleted the wahoo and didn't chunk it resulting in a lot of lost meat. Please pass this on to Domingo and Jorge.

Thanks!

Also we enjoyed the stay at your B&B, again!

acadist - 9-23-2012 at 06:00 PM

nice fish!

BajaBlanca - 9-23-2012 at 07:19 PM

Jerry - send me some pics !!! then I will post your report gladly !! Otherwise ... no one believes fish were caught LOL

I will pass on the info to Jorge about the wahoo

I will also see if we can speed up the pick up process - very good point indeed.

we really enjoyed having you, as always a pleasure !!

aguachico - 9-24-2012 at 12:25 AM

Fish processing is a great idea. Controlling papers and limits is good for everyone and will give the BBB's something else to whine about.

Chunking? Does this means steaks? I hope they a band saw, cause steaking is a pia without it

Now just get the pemex built in Abreojos and life will be perfect.

cheers.

BajaBlanca - 9-24-2012 at 07:50 AM

Pemex is built and should be inaugurated any day now ... it was actually scheduled for Sept 1 but this is Mexico !

aguachico - 9-24-2012 at 08:18 AM

Nice Blanca.